No announcement yet.

4th Of July Meat Sales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4hr on the counter and 24 in the fridge does it for mine.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
      Not to hijack, but I know some of the brisket gurus are on this thread. I bought one a while back when they were on sale and plan to smoke it for the 4th. How long does it take to completely thaw a 12 lber?

4-5 hours on the counter....1-2 days n a fridge depending on how cold you keep it. And being red meat, I'd have no issue doing it several days before on the counter and putting back in the fridge while still cold until I needed to smoke it. That way you know its thawed properly by the time you need it.

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
          30-45 min in the microwave on high and you should be good. [emoji6]

I’d say at least a couple days in the fridge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This had me rolling lol. Can also thaw for 36hours in a sous vide before smoking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Kroger dfw also has spare ribs for $1.27, limit 5

Comment

i belive tuttles had a deal

Comment

Saved $200 this morning on 2 brisket, 5 racks of spares and 9 ribeyes at Kroger. Need to go load up on some butts and I should be set for a while. Thanks for the heads up on these sales.

Comment

Got two briskets from Kroger. Thanks for the heads up

Comment

Originally posted by elhefe View Post
                    Got two briskets from Kroger. Thanks for the heads up
                    Better off grinding dat junk into hamburger. Kroger meat sucks

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Hannah picked up two briskets from Kroger in Cstat. We couldn't find last week's deal on pork butts, but I picked up a couple of butts and a couple of pork loins when HEB had them for $1.27/lb.

We're breaking out the MEAT! Grinder this weekend to process enough for us and the girls in Cstat! We're also curing and canning pickles, the freeze dryer is currently loaded with kale and spinach (Hannah wants greens powder for smoothies), I'll be slicing freshly cured and smoked pork belly, and I'm going to make seafood chowder from some of the abundance of fish we caught in Cabo and last week offshore!

...and for good measure, Hannah wants to make risotto this weekend!
                      My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                        Hannah picked up two briskets from Kroger in Cstat. We couldn't find last week's deal on pork butts, but I picked up a couple of butts and a couple of pork loins when HEB had them for $1.27/lb.

We're breaking out the MEAT! Grinder this weekend to process enough for us and the girls in Cstat! We're also curing and canning pickles, the freeze dryer is currently loaded with kale and spinach (Hannah wants greens powder for smoothies), I'll be slicing freshly cured and smoked pork belly, and I'm going to make seafood chowder from some of the abundance of fish we caught in Cabo and last week offshore!

...and for good measure, Hannah wants to make risotto this weekend!
                        HEB in Pearland had st Louis Ribs for 1.97 lb... Limit 2.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa1210 View Post
                          HEB in Pearland had st Louis Ribs for 1.97 lb... Limit 2.

I'm cooking 10 briskets and 20 pork butt for the Masons club in Alvin. Then Masons selling BBQ July 4th at the College before the annual fireworks display at Bob Briscoe Park.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                            Better off grinding dat junk into hamburger. Kroger meat sucks

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Kroger meat is fine...If you were a good enough cook, you could make it incredible Ducko...

Not everybody smokes brisket in a microwave or boil pot mixed with nutria........

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              Kroger meat is fine...If you were a good enough cook, you could make it incredible Ducko...

Not everybody smokes brisket in a microwave or boil pot mixed with nutria........
                              Shots fired across the border!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                                Shots fired across the border!!

I'm gonna start calling him the Cajun BoB

Comment

Working...
                                X