Refurbish old Nikon range finder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do any of y’all know if it’s possible to get an old pair of Nikons refurbished? They have fogged up pretty bad and making out the readings is becoming pretty difficult. Any advice is welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had one that fogged up after hunting in the rain and nikon said they would fix it for $200, I told them , no thanks , just send it back to me. They did and I threw it away. Wasn’t going to let them keep it for free.

I have a Vortex now.

Comment

As cheap as some are today and the technology being so much better compared to my old Nikon 440, I'd trash the Nikons and spend the money on a Simmons, Muddy, GoGoGo or whatever for less than $100. The Sig Buckmaster at $125 is better than my old Nikon as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Sig-Sauer-BUC...s%2C660&sr=8-9

Comment

Originally posted by Gerald G View Post
        I had one that fogged up after hunting in the rain and nikon said they would fix it for $200, I told them , no thanks , just send it back to me. They did and I threw it away. Wasn’t going to let them keep it for free.

I have a Vortex now.

Yep, that’s what happened to these.. dang I hate to hear this.. I appreciate it though and am thinking about Vortex as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          As cheap as some are today and the technology being so much better compared to my old Nikon 440, I'd trash the Nikons and spend the money on a Simmons, Muddy, GoGoGo or whatever for less than $100. The Sig Buckmaster at $125 is better than my old Nikon as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Sig-Sauer-BUC...s%2C660&sr=8-9

I agree but don’t want to have to keep buying a new pair every couple of years. Might bite the bullet and go with Vortex…

Comment

Originally posted by haas0311 View Post
            I agree but don’t want to have to keep buying a new pair every couple of years. Might bite the bullet and go with Vortex…

Why would you have to do that? If you take care of it? The Sig Sauer especially. Heck you sounded like you wanted to save some money and go the cheaper way out repairing the Nikon so that’s why I recommended what I did. Today’s technology and clarity blew my old Nikons away so you’d probably be walking away with a better unit than your Nikon when it was brand new. Even with the $100 or less units. I know I did. If you want to bite the bullet and spend more then that’s a good plan too.

I bit the bullet last month and spent a little more than I planned for a bowhunting rangefinder. I went with the Sig 1600 myself because I wanted a red display on black pigs after discussing with several folks. The 1000 is just as nice with a black number display for about $60-80 cheaper. I have a budget rangefinder thread around here and they were highly recommended. In that same thread, some of the brands I mentioned above were highly recommended as well. I think Vortex was in there too.
            Last edited by Smart; 07-02-2022, 05:33 AM.

Comment

Here’s that thread.

Comment

Working...
              X