Looking for a Shoulder…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
    Not if they had mental instability that they couldn’t help ! Happy you never had to deal with that!
    He didn't mention anything about him not being capable, just OCD.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
      He didn't mention anything about him not being capable, just OCD.
      Nor did I! It is still instability - I have it!

Comment

Originally posted by bbbuck View Post
        My advice would be to seek out a professional. There is medication out there to help these kinds of situations.
        Yep. I am OCD. I always laughed at meds until my dr. recommended them and found the right one. Now I don’t check all doors 10-12 times at night before bed, turn my alarm clock at a certain angle, fix my bed and pillow a certain way, put everything a certain way at work, home, and even my camp. No more habitual routine at the exact time 24-7-365. Is it perfect? No. But, it has helped appx 50%.

I can relate to most everything here. Get professional help. I let mine go way too long and the stress of it almost cost me my life. It’s not healthy for your heart.
        Last edited by Bayouboy; 06-29-2022, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Not if they had mental instability that they couldn’t help ! Happy you never had to deal with that!
          Are you sayin he can’t ever get a job because of his instability? Like I said not trying to be a jackazz here. If got other family members who blame OCD as to why their kids have serious problems, but I know exactly how they were raised has something to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
            Are you sayin he can’t ever get a job because of his instability? Like I said not trying to be a jackazz here. If got other family members who blame OCD as to why their kids have serious problems, but I know exactly how they were raised has something to do with it.
            I Never said that- Never! What is wrong with you guys ? Op- I’m sorry for this ! You are all in my prayers.

Comment

I would reach out to Texas Workforce Commission and see what programs they might have to help. Should offer a few things for you. I would also reach out to the Special Education Director at your local school and see what supports are in your area. I would be up front and let them know you aren't looking for them to pay for anything but just need help with resources. They should have some answers for you.

Comment

you must be popular at social gatherings.

Comment

same.
                  it's easy to be insensitive without walking in those moccasins.
                  I raised 5. I've got a daughter (adopted) with serious depression issues. She's an adult and I don't know what to do either.

Comment

I have been on a RX that helps with OCD. Mine was strictly with odd and even numbers. By the end of the day I was totally spent and worthless... I deal with numbers all day. I work for FedEx....

Comment

Originally posted by MidloTurtle View Post
                      I have been on a RX that helps with OCD. Mine was strictly with odd and even numbers. By the end of the day I was totally spent and worthless... I deal with numbers all day. I work for FedEx....
                      The brain is fascinating

Comment

Prayer up for you bud
                        My ex was OCD

Hence I said my ex- beautiful wonderful highly intelligent person..just led to too many head butts and rough times

Comment

Does he have a job being 22 years old? Did momma baby him growing up. My kids would be scared to death to punch holes in walls in my household. Not trying to be a jackazz

Serious questions
                          Yes he has a job, (for 5 years now).

Comment

Thanks everyone,
                            He is a germa-phobe. Big time hand washing issues. It has gotten a little better over the years but still a ways to go. My frustration is that he refuses to seek help. If given him references of docs, books to read, forums to go onto to chat, (because he’s embarrassed to talk to anyone face to face, and says people don’t understand, even those with ocd because it’s different for everyone). It’s really stressful on both my wife and I. She helps him with certain things more than I, because I’m trying to force him into “working through it”, by seeking help in some manner, and I feel she’s enabling him, but when her and I talk she’s just frustrated and has no energy to fight with him. I’m ready to kick him out (again trying drastic measures) to force him into change.

Comment

I can't help you with this particular problem ,but I have dealt with someone with mental issues for a while. It is extremely frustrating and will be praying for your family. For us it was a matter of them realizing that they needed help and it wasn't going to fix itself. It's much the same as an alcoholic or drug addict. They have to want the help. Also it took many doctors to find the right one that found the right combination of meds to keep the problem under control.

Comment

Originally posted by MIHunter View Post
                                My frustration is that he refuses to seek help.
                                From my own experience that's the biggest hurdle and I get where he's coming from on the embarrassment. We are raised to "be a man" and keep it together. No one cares if a guy is feeling bad and seeking help is a sign of weakness. I struggle with anxiety and at one point had a few habits consistent with OCD. It friggin sucks. Unless he chooses to make a change, things won't get better. Best thing you can do is be there for him (that doesn't mean enable him) and try to get him to seek help. Good luck sir

Comment

Working...
                                X