Personal applicator license for herbicide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personal applicator license for herbicide

Was looking into getting this license for my personal use but wa curious as to how hard the test is and the process

I've got my private applicator as well as my non-commercial, they were both pretty easy tests that were mostly common sense questions. The downside now is that you have to go to a testing center to take the test; used to you could attend a morning/afternoon program with the county agent to get it.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

If you can read you can pass it

Comment

Just buy the study material, study it, and you will pass. I think I made a 100.

Comment

Do you REALLY need it? If you don’t need it to buy restricted herbicide, why are you getting it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Easy to get and the information you learn in the process is very useful. Then you won't have to worry about what class of herbicides you want, other than Invora. That takes a special, additional class every 2 years.

Comment

First step is to fill out this form:

following these instructions:

Then TDA will send you instructions for scheduling your test with PSI. You can order your study materials from Agrilife or elsewhere:

If the private license/test is like commercial, you will need the applicator general book, laws and regulations book, and at least one endorsement. Then take the general test and at least one endorsement test. The tests aren't bad if you spend a few hours studying first.

I would suggest you evaluate whether or not you really need a license, though. A private license is for folks who want to apply restricted herbicides to their own property. There are plenty of general-use herbicide options for most situations. But some of the restricted ones can be cheaper and more effective depending on what you're spraying.
              Last edited by 30-30; 06-08-2022, 09:16 AM.

Comment

I did all the courses and passed the TxAg course and never took the darn test. If i decide to do it again, ill have to redo the course now. Seemed pretty simple just never made the time to go to a testing center.

Comment

Working...
                X