POC fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

POC fishing

Heading out in the morning for 4 days of bay fishing, weather permitted maybe some rig fishing.

Any pointers or reports? I am a rookie for sure.

Looking for any and all legal game fish including my 1 shark.

Sean

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
    Heading out in the morning for 4 days of bay fishing, weather permitted maybe some rig fishing.

Any pointers or reports? I am a rookie for sure.

Looking for any and all legal game fish including my 1 shark.

Sean
    I been in Pringle Lake one time with a really good friend down there and that was the last time I ever wanted to go across that place. He was running a Mowdy at the time. We were on plain running across it with mud coming off the prop. Just a word of advice. Good fishing around the old military base right by Pringle Lake and in the creeks around it. Caught alot of red fish and trout in there in the past. The big jettie is also a good place to fish as well. We always catch shark over there and a limit of trout every night under green lights. Red fish are hit and miss in there.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Great place and not touristy.

Are you wade fishing or do you have a boat?

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
        Great place and not touristy.

Are you wade fishing or do you have a boat?
        Boat

Comment

Wish I could go with you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Used to fish there a lot, but it’s been 15 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
              Boat
              Go get a copy of this - https://fishgame.com/product/2020-te...s-new-edition/

They have several spots that are marked you can get to by boat.

Also, don't be afraid to run up to seadrift. The buddy I fished POC with dang near moved down there one summer and did better in the Seadrift area.

Comment

Pm Josh W on here he fished down there all the time he might give you some pointers

Comment

Have you ever been there? What kind of boat do you have? And rig fishing is probably not going to happen. Just do like everyone else does now and get you some croaker and chatter weights, Find a bunch of people fishing, squeeze your way in and have a good time. Take lots of pics and put on Facebook and instagram and make sure you get some slow-no video when you’re dumping your fish out into the boat.

Comment

Get ready for a circus at the boat ramps. Take a seat and just watch the show. It’s been crazy busy over there last few weeks. Fish the shoreline at Powderhorn on a outgoing tide. Been some good fish caught there wading last couple weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                      Have you ever been there? What kind of boat do you have? And rig fishing is probably not going to happen. Just do like everyone else does now and get you some croaker and chatter weights, Find a bunch of people fishing, squeeze your way in and have a good time. Take lots of pics and put on Facebook and instagram and make sure you get some slow-no video when you’re dumping your fish out into the boat.
                      I see what you did there.

Comment

POC is great fishing if you know or can get into the good spots. Right now most boats are loaded down and headed to Sunday beach You will notice those boats right away! Fishing should be great this weekend. Big jetties have been great for big drum, bull reds and Sharks. Trout And redfish are in the usual spots rights now and if the wind is low, y’all should be able to get anywhere you want.

Comment

Thanks guys

On road now. Yes I fished it last year in August and caught several 50" bullreds. Wow what a fight and ever since been trying to get back. Boat is 23' SeaPro and should handle waters.

Sean

Comment

Sean,
                            With that boat, you can go about anywhere you want, BUT... there is a lot of shallow water along the peninsula pretty far out, like a few hundred yard out... Right in the middle of the bay there's a long bar known as "The Hump". With a good southeast wind, you can drift that whole bar and catch trout/reds pretty steady this time of the year... It's shallow enough to wade too, but you can cover some ground drifting... Get you some Croakers and free line 'em or maybe just a little split shot... if you get into a school. Anchor and load the boat! If you want to get tied into those big reds again, head to the jetties. They're always there.

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                              Wish I could go with you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              hopedale, what app is this ???

Comment

Working...
                              X