Backpack Recomendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backpack Recomendations

Apparently My hunting pack (and everything in it) was "lost" during a move. Looking for a replacement. What do you all recommend. Looking at little more than a day pack (2-3 days).

Thanks

If you don’t mind spending the money for a 100% USA made pack, take a look at Kifaru. I have 3 of them now. Very well made and quality, but you do pay for it. The 44mag that I have will hold 5-7 days worth of camp/food/clothes. The Shape Charge I have is a nice 1-2 day pack. You can add a Sherman pocket to it and add another 1000ci. There is always Mystery Ranch for a decent pack and less money, but after having Kifaru, I sold all my Mystery Ranch stuff. I’m sure others will chime in with some other options.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
      If you don’t mind spending the money for a 100% USA made pack, take a look at Kifaru. I have 3 of them now. Very well made and quality, but you do pay for it. The 44mag that I have will hold 5-7 days worth of camp/food/clothes. The Shape Charge I have is a nice 1-2 day pack. You can add a Sherman pocket to it and add another 1000ci. There is always Mystery Ranch for a decent pack and less money, but after having Kifaru, I sold all my Mystery Ranch stuff. I’m sure others will chime in with some other options.
      website?

Comment

Kifaru is great stuff. I switched to Stone Glacier this year and have been very happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Stone Glacier packs are awesome and I can attest to their customer service being top notch. Have also heard good things about Kifaru but haven't used them personally.

Comment

You can add/remove pockets and pouches to all the packs. Always buy larger than what you think you need. You can get a 5 day pack and compress it down and run it as a 1-2 day pack very easily.

If you get on Rokslide, there is a whole section of the forum just for back packs. Very good info there.

Comment

I also recommend Kifaru, I have the reckoning and I use it for day hunts because it compresses down so well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a Stone Glacier and like it a lot. Kifaru have a great reputation. Exo Mountain seem well made.

Comment

Kifaru Stryker

Comment

5.11 Rush 72

Comment

I would also look into EXO in addition to above mentioned pack companies.

Comment

I have a Red Oxx that I really like. It’s been to Africa with me three times and a lot of places beside there.

Comment

Maxpedition and Mystery ranch is what we use....both strong and dependable for all we put them through.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Are you looking for a hunting pack or a hiking pack? If you are looking for a good hiking pack that would definitely work for 3 or 4 days out, then the Osprey Exos 58 is a very popular pack out on long distance trails right now. I did not start with, but I switched to an Exos when I did the AT and I have high regards for it. A 58 liter bag might be a little small if you are carrying a bunch of hunting gear and other creatures comforts. I was very minimal so space was not an issue, but I could see where in a hunting situation you might want bigger.

Comment

For hunting go Stone Glacier or Mystery Ranch. Although I think Mystery Ranch is now made in the Philippines for a bulk of their packs. The Stone Glacier is awesome because the bulk of the cost is the frame, but then you can swap out packs, so you can run a small day pack on the frame, or a 9 day expedition pack. I personally have a stone glacier and an exo. Both work well.

For just camping, I would go Osprey in a heartbeat. I have had my small skiing pack for almost 15 years now, not one zipper failure, and only break was a superficial piece of plastic.

Comment

Working...
                              X