Ac problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ac problem

I replaced condensor motor , contractor , capacitor ... and now it runs for 20 minutes and then cuts off for 3-4 seconds then back on then may run for 2 minutes then back on and off ... any ideas ?

compressor thermal overload maybe?

Comment

Could be the control board also. I had odd happenings with mine and that's what it ended up being.

Comment

Originally posted by waterdog View Post
        compressor thermal overload maybe?
        I dont think thermal ol will close after 2 minutes. What are the pressures?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Fan motor running the right direction?

Comment

This!
            Originally posted by wsteffen View Post
            Could be the control board also. I had odd happenings with mine and that's what it ended up being.

Comment

Dirty condenser? Cycling on high pressure control?

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
                Dirty condenser? Cycling on high pressure control?
                Try washing out the coils, low pressure from the inside.

Comment

Ac problem

Well ,well I did t give up .. it was driving me crazy , I went out there and flipped every breaker one more time and I felt one that was extremely weak and did not click at all , I messed with it , got it to engage like it should ... turned ac on , back in business down to 78 and never cut and off ... now I can go to bed ... buy new breaker tomorrow... thanks everyone for the tips . Hopefully if anyone experiencing this , they know what to do ... buy the way I'm an electrician lol but I never thought it was a bad breaker ... learn something new every day

Comment

Working...
                  X