Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many people actually call them **** rustlers??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many people actually call them **** rustlers??

When I was a kid I was raised that a hard head was a **** rustler. TR for short. Still rings true. We’re my folks in a small understood minority or do many people on the gulf coast refer to these ample resources as **** rustlers as well?

T U R D, it’s not a bad word

Comment

The name is still around but not as common as in the past. Mostly from us older folk, but we're tryin to pass that on!

Comment

Originally posted by locolobo View Post
        The name is still around but not as common as in the past. Mostly from us older folk, but we're tryin to pass that on!
        #TRneverforget

Comment

TR’s are always biting, been calling them that all my life

Comment

I’ve heard some older people refer to them as TR’s. I refer to them as slammers. I slam them on the water until they come unhooked or stop moving.

Comment

My family has called them TR’s for as long as we’ve been fishing the coast.

Comment

I grew up on the coast fishing a lot, never heard that term. We called them hard heads. The inlanders and snow birds called them salt water catfish. We would always laugh when they were showing off their stringers of hard heads. But knowing they were helping reduce the hard head, population was a good thing.

We used to try cutting them up and using them for cut bait, but the only thing you would catch, was another hard head, and it would take a long time before you caught a hard head on, on hard head cut bait.

We grew up hating them, they ate so much of our bait when we were teenagers. But then we were told at one time, that it was illegal to catch and kill them. Even though they were not game fish and the waters were greatly overpopulated with them. In a lot of areas, that was about all you would ever catch.

Then there was the Vietnamese up in the Rockport/Fulton area, they kept everything they caught. They would keep hard heads, dog fish/oyster fish, skip jack, did not matter if it came out of the water, they ate it.
                Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 06-04-2020, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Got this pic from another website. Dude said it hurt like no other. TR fin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My Grandparents & Parents called themselves TR’s. I rarely call them that anymore. I actually forgot about that until you brought it up. Brings back memories of my Grandma & fishing in POC.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                      I’ve heard some older people refer to them as TR’s. I refer to them as slammers. I slam them on the water until they come unhooked or stop moving.
                      Good old Louisiana jumping cats!

Comment

That’s what my family called them, was thinking about this the other day. Thanks for posting.

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
                          That’s what my family called them, was thinking about this the other day. Thanks for posting.
                          Absolutely

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post

Got this pic from another website. Dude said it hurt like no other. TR fin.

I've had a scar on my left hand middle finger for almost 15 years from trying to throw one back and it finning me.

I've called them a lot of words and TR is too soft of a word to capture how I feel at times

Comment

My dad always called them T u r d Hustler. Never heard of a rustler before until now.

Comment

Working...
                              X