No announcement yet.

Family sized rifle blind.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry if i didn't list final dimensions. 6'x8' and 6 1/2' tall. We have a family friend that is a buyer at a big lumber yard. They were damaged by a forklift and couldn't be sold to contractors.

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
      That is awesome. That sucker will be hot though with that black paint on it.
      That pic was taken right before dark. The color is actually a grayish green. A little grayer than OD green

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
        Very nice. Care to explain how you built the window frames and hinges? I have 2 deerview windows but will need a couple extra for a build im working on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        If you zoom in on the last pic of the original post. The windows don't hinge. They slide up and down in a "track" made out of lattice cap. I drilled some holes in the track to stick a nail in to keep the windows up.

I don't think have any better pics of the windows. But it's pretty simple. 2 tracks on either side of the window. The windows slide up and down in them. Then i used 2 pieces of 1x2 on the top and bottom of the windows as stiffeners to keep wind from bowing the windows and popping them out of the tracks. They also give you handles to slide the windows

Comment

And thank you all for the kind words

Comment

Originally posted by jb5001 View Post
            Good looking blind! Where did you pick up the damaged smart siding? That's a steal.

I hope he gives out his secret!

Comment

Looks real nice . I hope you & your family enjoy it for years to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by hunterburch42 View Post
                I hope he gives out his secret!

Haha. No secret. The guy was my dad's best friend growing up. We asked him what he thought of the stuff as far as durability and longevity. He asked what we were using it for and he said he would make me a deal on some damaged pieces. Luck of the draw i guess. But may be worth asking at your local lumber yard.

Comment

Well for that price I'll let you build me a couple and I'll even pay you 70% for labor!

Comment

$$$

Comment

Nice blind. What screws did you use to attach the smart board to the tubing?

I would caution anyone else against using lattice cap as a window track. I did the same thing about 5 years ago, and the heat has killed them. Made them brittle after a couple years, and they cracked. Hopefully yours will last as they are kind of hidden.

Comment

I had to double take. Looks a lot like mine that I built last year.

Comment

We built very simulate one. Two this size and one 5x10

All you need now is the TV set up

Comment

How did you do the windows?

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
                              I would caution anyone else against using lattice cap as a window track. I did the same thing about 5 years ago, and the heat has killed them. Made them brittle after a couple years, and they cracked. Hopefully yours will last as they are kind of hidden.
                              Nice blind build!
                              When I rebuilt my 4x4 blind a couple years ago, I did the windows very similar to these. But I used the small aluminum c-channel you can get from Home Depot. It's about 1/2" x 1/2". I use 1/8" plexi-glass for the windows and then used self adhesive foam strips on the plexi to tighten up the fit inside the channel. Works great.

Comment

great looking build!

Comment

Working...
                                X