Best thing for severe sunburn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best thing for severe sunburn?

Got a little too much sun on my arms this weekend after just getting over a sunburn. So basically I got a sunburn on top of a sunburn. I have yellow blisters all over my arms. One is about 2 1/2" wide and 3" long and about 1" tall. It's going to bust probably but I read you're not supposed to pop them. I have Aloe Vera and some other stuff that's supposed to help with minor sunburns. This is the worst one I've seen let alone had. What's the quickest way to speed up the healing process on a hardcore sunburn?
    Last edited by okrattler; 06-01-2020, 12:44 AM.

I really wish I could pop this huge blister. It's nasty lookin and I'm kinda tired of seeing it.

What I can tell you is I just used some Aloe Vera that must've had an extra ingredient in there cause boy howdy I'm here to say my arms are burning like a freakin barn right now. Holy smokes that's some bad stuff. That's not gonna help nothin. That crap is junk. It just won't stop burning.....Oh my dear Lord. Holy poop it burns bad.

It was supposed to numb the sunburn........uhhhh.......yeah that was the exact opposite of numbing. I felt every second of it. That was a sting that wouldn't get off me.
    Last edited by okrattler; 06-01-2020, 01:21 AM.

Comment

Solarcaine or something named like that. It's a spray on medication so you don't have to touch the sunburn.
      But if it's bad enough, you might want to see a Dr

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I've never had one that bad, but we always keep some kind of Aloe vera gel in the refrigerator. It's very cooling when you put it on and it helps pull the heat out.

It sounds like you have 2nd degree burns and I'm not too sure much will help other than seeing a doctor.

Good luck, I know it can be miserable

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Motrin will help the pain. Take motrin before you get out in the sun. That will prevent a sunburn.

Comment

If you got blisters I would go see a Dr. All the Aloe in the world isn't going to help.

Comment

i was given some stuff called silvadine a few years back for a burn i got. it wasnt a sunburn, but was told it would work for sunburn.. and man did that stuff work miracles.

i hate sunburns. I would rather take a swift kick to the gonads than have a bad sunburn.

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
                i was given some stuff called silvadine a few years back for a burn i got. it wasnt a sunburn, but was told it would work for sunburn.. and man did that stuff work miracles.

i hate sunburns. I would rather take a swift kick to the gonads than have a bad sunburn.
                This

Comment

Nothing I know of OTC will help if burned to that degree. Whatever you decide be very diligent with bacteria until blisters are healed.

Comment

A doctor won’t do anything but tell you take Tylenol and apply a topical. It’ll heal on its own after a week or two

Comment

unfortunately....time is all there really is

Comment

Dang sorry to hear that. Solarcaine spray as mentioned above should help, has lidocaine in it. What is a smart country boy like you running around in the sun without a light long sleeve shirt on? Sounds like you forgot to put it on twice. Hope you get the pain to subside and that it heals up for you

Comment

Time

Comment

I'll look into that Solarcaine stuff guys. Thank y'all.

I was hauling dirt all last weekend and this weekend too. Peeled and I thought I was healed up so I just go out in it like it's no big deal. It turned out to be a huge deal. Guys this doesn't look like any sunburn most have seen. It literally looks like fire burned me in spots. And feels like it too. I've been taking ibuprofen and putting sunburn ointment on the really bad spots. It's all bad but I mean the parts beside the blisters are sore as can be the blisters themselves ain't too bad. Not good by any means but the red spots are enough to make a person urinate on themselves when you touch one or put a shirt on or.....anything really. It's hard sleeping like this.
                            Last edited by okrattler; 06-01-2020, 06:20 AM.

Comment

Years ago, I discovered Solarcaine. It worked pretty good. I went fishing with a buddy, his boat was bright white. I stood up on the bow of the boat, all day, with no shoes on. The next day, my feet were so swollen up, I could not get shoes or boots on and I had to go to work. I wound up going to HEB barefoot, looked around found some Solarcaine, put it on my feet. My feet felt better right off, the swelling went down noticeably within a couple hours, to the point I could put my shoes on. There is nothing that will be a quick cure for your situation, but I can tell you Solarcaine works very well.

Comment

Working...
                              X