Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hawkins Precision hybrid scope rings HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hawkins Precision hybrid scope rings HELP!!!

Today, after a long wait to get the scope mounted on my APR 300wm build, I encountered an issue. I bought the Hawkins Precision hybrid long range scope rings in "High" to go with a Meopta Optika6 3x18-56. When I was installing the scope rings I noticed that 2 out of the 4 *6-48 base screws are longer. I placed the longer screws on the highest portion of each base and torque all four to 15lbs as recommended. Well, when I attempted to install the bolt into the rifle it was a no go. The longer screw on the back base is not allowing the bolt to slide into the rifle. I was going to place the two longer screws in the front base but noticed that if I place my finger into the action I can feel the longer screw, so that might be also an issue.

The rings came with no instructions as to where the longer screws are placed on the bases. I just saw the recommended torque settings in the Hawkins Precision website. I know that some guys in here are running the same rings and want to know if you guys encountered the same issue.

The rifle was build by APR on a Remington 700 long action.

Any input is appreciated.

The 2 longer screws are definitely for the rear ring. Sounds like you may have received the wrong screws with the rings. 2 options, either call Andy and see if he can ship you out some shorter screws, or the easiest and fastest solution would be to just fit them to your receiver. A little careful work with a file will have you up and running in a few minutes. I would double-check and make sure you got the right set of rings for a Remington and not a round bridge clone.The bottom surface of the rear ring should be almost flat as compared to the round contour of the front ring.

Comment

Thanks Stick1 . I will be calling Hawkins tomorrow. I got the rings from Red Hawk Rifles and was thinking the same thing that probably they send me the wrong screws. The bases align with the action screw holes.

Comment

Problem fixed. Had to file the rear screws quite a bit but now the bolt moves freely without rubbing.

Comment

Working...
        X