Texas Public Land Eastern Turkey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas Public Land Eastern Turkey?

I'm finding it difficult to wade through TP&W info to determine if we have public land hunting opportunities for Eastern turkey? I think there are Easterns in Sam Houston but my friend told me you couldn't hunt them. Anyone have the straight story or can point me to a place to find the info?

1st - Check the county to see if there is a season for easterns. No season listed = no hunting.
    2nd - check the hunting regs of the specific unit or area you are hunting.
    Last edited by BassMaster13; 05-04-2020, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Montgomery Walker San Jacinto Co do not have a season

Comment

Originally posted by Outback View Post
        I'm finding it difficult to wade through TP&W info to determine if we have public land hunting opportunities for Eastern turkey? I think there are Easterns in Sam Houston but my friend told me you couldn't hunt them. Anyone have the straight story or can point me to a place to find the info?
        You cannot turkey hunt SHNF.

Comment

Twin Buttes PHL outside San Angelo has a season.

Not sure if those are easterns out there though.

Comment

Originally posted by Hayek'sPupil View Post
            Twin Buttes PHL outside San Angelo has a season.

Not sure if those are easterns out there though.
            Likely Rios. I plan to go back to Tennessee next year with Justin but was looking for an additional spot closer to home.

Comment

So how did it go in Tennessee? Never heard anything about it but lots of talk before the departure

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                So how did it go in Tennessee? Never heard anything about it but lots of talk before the departure
                Justin is planning to do a writeup. We had a blast and he got a bird on the last day. I should have shot one the first day but we had some confusion on who should shoot. We were remarkably compatible and I plan to go back next year. The woods were covered up with folks not working due to the virus so we had alot of competition! I'm certain we will get one next year.

Comment

LBJ Grasslands. I hunt turkeys there, Definitely plenty around. Just tough to call in since the private around LBJ usually has better food and cover.

Comment

there are eastern turky's in ANF....very hard hunt tho!

Comment

Originally posted by Outback View Post
                      Justin is planning to do a writeup. We had a blast and he got a bird on the last day. I should have shot one the first day but we had some confusion on who should shoot. We were remarkably compatible and I plan to go back next year. The woods were covered up with folks not working due to the virus so we had alot of competition! I'm certain we will get one next year.
                      Awesome! Glad yall got on birds. Sounds like a great trip.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                        LBJ Grasslands. I hunt turkeys there, Definitely plenty around. Just tough to call in since the private around LBJ usually has better food and cover.
                        You drive from Katy to hunt lbj grasslands for turkey? I'm impressed

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                          Those are Rios

Comment

Working...
                          X