Oil Field Pipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil Field Pipe

I’m about to buy a load of fence pipe. The 2 3/8 is $30 a joint and 2 7/8 $40 a joint. I looked around and don’t see much competition with those prices unless it’s a lot less and then I question the quality of the pipe. I’m getting about 30-32 joints delivered 45 miles for $150. Any thoughts on that price?

Sounds good to me. Where are you getting it from if you dont mind me asking?

Comment

Some place out of Weatherford. Found them on Facebook marketplace. As a comparison, my local materials dealer wanted $37 a joint for 2 3/8 which is high in my opinion.

Comment

That's a good price if the pipe is cleaned and inspected.

I paid $1.20 per ft last week for 2 3/8.

Comment

For price comparison Corpus craigslist has some listed for sale from Alice and it's only $3 cheaper then you were quoted. Now there is one that is 2 7/8" for $20 per joint (31 ft) https://corpuschristi.craigslist.org...101958610.html

Comment

About average for what I’ve seen over the years

Comment

2 3/8 is a hair over a dollar a foot. It’s a fair price

Comment

That's about right. I bought about 40 2 3/8 joints for 26 dollars a stick around Springtown. Can't remember the place. That's the cheapest I've ever bought it in North Texas. I know guys get it cheaper around the Permian.

My local steel yard (380 steel) is usually about a dollar a ft for 2 3/8, but they're used pipe is clean.

I've been told Metal Mart out of Gainesville is the cheapest metal in the region. Apparently if you find the old man, you can negotiate with him. I've never been up there, but have some buddies that will only buy material from him.

Comment

If you’re buying pipe from suppliers then you’re looking at roughly $1.00-1.10 per ft. If you’re willing to look from operators and ask around a bit, then you’ll find it for $10-15 per joint. - guy that deals with new and used pipe all day.

Comment

Working...
                  X