Tennessee Turkey Trip 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
    Good thinking. Is that the 1 5/8 oz load? What choke are you shooting? You headed back to Sacramento's in May?
    Likely be in there opening day depending on how efficiently I can fill my Texas and Oklahoma tags. And yes, the 1 5/8 ounce loads and a trulock tss choke (restriction escapes me at the moment).
    Last edited by TwoHighways; 03-31-2020, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Chili fixins are prepped and packaged. Truck is packed.
      Crockpot - Check
      Stove- Check
      Camo- Check
      Gun- Check
      Rain gear- Check
      DoD essential employee paperwork in hand- Check

Turkeys are fired up and ready for action; per my dad this morning when he found 1 gobbler with 10" beard and heard 6 more thundering off from roost.

Hopefully the weather holds out for us with 50% chance of rain all next week.
      Either way Outback (Jayson) and I will be there and chasing.

Even with the statewide shelter order from Tennessee Governor Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency states that hunting is an Essential Activity. Heck yeah!

Comment

So how did the hunt go?

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
          So how did the hunt go?

I was wondering the same thing

Comment

I am working on our write up encompassing the entire week. Should be completed by Thursday of this week.

Cliff Notes:
            22 miles hiked
            4,600 ft elevation accumulated
            Bunch of TN rednecks evading wives all week
            Multiple trips to eat Krystal's

Awesome trip with my new friend Jayson!

Comment

Hopefully next year those folks from Tennessee will be at work so us Texas boys can have more the land ourselves! There were a lot of folks hunting!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

My buddy is a GW in Tennessee and he showed me the turkey harvest reports yesterday from this year against the previous few. The are absolutely crushing the birds over there this year. He said tons of people are in the woods due to COVID and the birds are really taking it on the chin.

Comment

Working...
                X