Oilfield guys... y’all hangin in there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JTRichardson View Post
    you're correct man, entirely disheartening.

guys I've known since I started in the patch (Sha for instance) getting laid off is sort of mind boggling to me. How am I the one still working while these guys that have all the experience are sitting at home? I mean, I know its all about $$ but still, there's so much value in those long term guys that can't easily be replaced.

I am also lucky to be able to work from home for the time being but seeing lots of friends and mentors catch the layoff bug doesn't do well for my mental frame lol

We loose a ton of experience with every one of these slow downs but the older guys tend to have the higher salaries and make the biggest impact to bottom line when cut.

Comment

Oil was up big this morning.

With any luck those Countries will follow through and cut production.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post

Fingers crossed

Comment

The problem isn't the price at this point it is the over supply do to lack of demand due to this **** virus giving the entire world a reason to shut down their production of everything. Within the next month or so we won't have anywhere to send it even if the price does go up.

Getting pretty rough in the frac sand business in the permian. We are about to let go of half our employees. Started at 110, going to be some belt tightening going on for sure.

Comment

One of my son's works in the supply part in Carlsbad. He just got a 10% salary reduction. His largest customer had a 30% reduction this week as well.

Praying for all of you this ends soon and gets "back to normal" if there is such a thing in your business's!!

Comment

I think Trump got ahead of himself and it will come back down. I just don’t see how they’re gonna cut 10-15 million bpd. Maybe he meant total? Even at that is not near enough to justify the rise in price.

Comment

Well, I got my 15% pay cut yesterday. Finally joined the crowd. Very thankful it wasn’t a lay-off though!

Comment

We own wedding venue and one couple is worried, and should be, he's a welder oilfield equipment. Has paid down payment but thats it, told them to pay what they feel safe with and we are going to trade out some welding I need if they want to go forward with wedding.

In our area we are lucky, not alot of jobs rely on oilfield work so hopefully we can help out each other and have a wedding.

Comment

Originally posted by JTRichardson View Post
                    you're correct man, entirely disheartening.

guys I've known since I started in the patch (Sha for instance) getting laid off is sort of mind boggling to me. How am I the one still working while these guys that have all the experience are sitting at home? I mean, I know its all about $$ but still, there's so much value in those long term guys that can't easily be replaced.

I am also lucky to be able to work from home for the time being but seeing lots of friends and mentors catch the layoff bug doesn't do well for my mental frame lol

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                    We loose a ton of experience with every one of these slow downs but the older guys tend to have the higher salaries and make the biggest impact to bottom line when cut.

Yep and yep. Sha was definitely a shock for me, but he’ll land on his feet somewhere.

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
                    Well, I got my 15% pay cut yesterday. Finally joined the crowd. Very thankful it wasn’t a lay-off though!

Definitely still better than collecting unemployment.

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                    I think Trump got ahead of himself and it will come back down. I just don’t see how they’re gonna cut 10-15 million bpd. Maybe he meant total? Even at that is not near enough to justify the rise in price.
                    I agree. I’m amazed at the emotional response the markets have to tweets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    My Flickr Photos

Comment

My oldest son got laid off yesterday, and the company didn’t paint a pretty picture for the future.

Comment

We cut 5 in our area on Wednesday.

Comment

[QUOTE=Michael;14790707]Yep and yep. Sha was definitely a shock for me, but he’ll land on his feet somewhere.

Dangit, if they cut that deep then I don't have a prayer of a chance at collecting my old debt from them.....

Comment

I don’t know what to think at this point. Little stressed about it today.

Comment

I'm still offshore, but was told today when we crewchange on Wednesday, all personnel who live outside Louisiana are going to be furloughed indefinitely. Thing is, I live only 4 hours from office and have driven to work my entire 10 years. I dont know how they justify that.

Comment

Originally posted by boh347 View Post
                                I don’t know what to think at this point. Little stressed about it today.
                                I think you aint alone in the stressed department.

I have had some field service guys stop by the house today and they have no work at all, these fellas work on rental equipment. We all have the stressed look today.

Comment

Working...
                                X