Gun transfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gun transfers

are ya'll worried about going to your FFL to pick up your new guns? Lots of paperwork changing hands, lots of people sometimes. I think some are limiting a few in the store at a time...but still.....

Most FFL use electronic forms on the computer and I use someone that runs it out of his house I don’t mess with big stores

Comment

I was just wondering if I’d be able to find anyone soon to do a transfer.

Comment

This just in:

Good Afternoon,

As a result of the increased workload and modified staffing schedules due to the COVID-19 protocols, beginning at 12:01 am ET, Saturday March 27, 2020 until 8 am ET, Monday March 30, 2020 the NICS Section will be temporarily disabling the Transfer Process. This means, when calling in a NICS check, you will be given a status immediately, to include delays with a Brady Transfer Date, and not transferred to an FBI Examiner for further review.

Thanks,

The NICS Business Unit

Comment

You can find a site online that list all the FFL in your zip I did that and found a guy in my neighborhood that just had his FFL so he could get stuff easier for him and his buddies. Ended up being nice guy and runs it out of his house and only charges like $10 and will get whatever I want haha

Comment

Better check & see if they are old school like me...if you don't have your LTC, I'm not doing transfers till I can get someone to answer the phone. Crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
              This just in:

Good Afternoon,

As a result of the increased workload and modified staffing schedules due to the COVID-19 protocols, beginning at 12:01 am ET, Saturday March 27, 2020 until 8 am ET, Monday March 30, 2020 the NICS Section will be temporarily disabling the Transfer Process. This means, when calling in a NICS check, you will be given a status immediately, to include delays with a Brady Transfer Date, and not transferred to an FBI Examiner for further review.

Thanks,

The NICS Business Unit
              Just what does that mean? You will be approved right then or get an automatic delay?

doesn't matter to me...LTC and don't plan on buying anything anyway soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                Better check & see if they are old school like me...if you don't have your LTC, I'm not doing transfers till I can get someone to answer the phone. Crazy.
                Yep. I know a handful that aren’t doing your transfer unless they know you personally, and you have a LTC. If it’s the least bit of inconvenience the you’re SOL. Just because they’re listed as an FLL doesn’t mean they have to do your transfer.

Comment

Originally posted by Lsube0555 View Post
                  You can find a site online that list all the FFL in your zip I did that and found a guy in my neighborhood that just had his FFL so he could get stuff easier for him and his buddies. Ended up being nice guy and runs it out of his house and only charges like $10 and will get whatever I want haha

Please, please, please call the FFL before you have something shipped to them. Broke a guys heart last week. He shipped the purchased gun to our work. Gun arrives and no one knows anything about it. Guy calls 5 days after receipt wanting to transfer and pick up. Actually sir, we don't do transfers, but since we have the gun we will make an exception for $250 or ship the gun back. Your choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
                    Please, please, please call the FFL before you have something shipped to them. Broke a guys heart last week. He shipped the purchased gun to our work. Gun arrives and no one knows anything about it. Guy calls 5 days after receipt wanting to transfer and pick up. Actually sir, we don't do transfers, but since we have the gun we will make an exception for $250 or ship the gun back. Your choice.

If you don’t do transfers, how did the guy know to ship it to you? Furthermore why would the shipper send it to you without your FFL info?

Also $250 is ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

When I had my shop in AZ I did my checks online. Took about 1 minute to type in the info & the results were instant.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                        If you don’t do transfers, how did the guy know to ship it to you? Furthermore why would the shipper send it to you without your FFL info?

Also $250 is ridiculous.

He did the online search and found our company had an FFL. Firearm was shipped from JoeBobOutfitters whom we have purchased from in the past so our FFL was in their system. We are not setup for online documents and only process firearms for DoD contracts. We do not want to do transfers. Had he called us we would have informed him to find someone else.

$250 was a good number considering he did not call and we had to process his paperwork manually.

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
                          Just what does that mean? You will be approved right then or get an automatic delay?

doesn't matter to me...LTC and don't plan on buying anything anyway soon.
                          They are going to auto delay for call in's if you get a ping the way I read...it's basically going to be on the ffl to proceed or deny after the three work day law. Otherwise they will go by the date given by nics for responding which will be greater I'm sure.

My advice for those who will listen is to get your LTC if you wish to get a gun transferred through a FFL...last thing yo want is to walk away from a deal because your dealer can't get through.

Here is the explanation directly from NICS:

Good afternoon,

Please be aware that the NICS Contracted Call Center (NCCC) will still be fully operations and accepting background checks this weekend. During the timeframe of 12:01 am ET, Saturday March 28, 2020 until 8 am ET, Monday March 30, 2020 , instead of getting a response of, “please hold for further review” and being transferred to an NICS Examiner, the NCCC representative will provide a delay status and the Brady Transfer Date. Again this is a result of the increased workload and modified staffing schedules due to the COVID-19 protocols and is only temporary.

If you are utilizing E-Check your process will operate as normal.

Thank you and we apologize for any confusion,

NICS Business Relations Team
                          Last edited by Artos; 03-27-2020, 08:30 PM.

Comment

So is this just for the next three days.

Comment

Working...
                            X