Stock market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
    I agree with your assessment on the cruise lines. It’s folkish to buy them this early; same with airlines.
    Originally posted by Huggybear View Post
    Agreed sir.
    That was meant to be foolish, not folkish. Some industries are going to go through some temporary pain. The cruise lines and airlines...maybe longer than temporary. They are dangerous right now.

Comment

I'm preparing my buy list with target prices. Going to wait a bit let all the stuff hit the fan then here's what I'm thinking:

Darden/DRI/Buy @20
      Visa/V/Buy @ 135 (this one is my favorite)
      Valero/VLO/Buy @ 25
      Apple/AAPL/Buy @ 220
      Southwest Airlines/LUV/Buy @ 25 or less
      Facebook/FB/Buy @ 131
      Alphabet/GOOGL/Buy @ 1,000
      STMicro/STM/Buy @ 13
      Nor.Cruise/NCLH/Buy @ 5 (if they survive, this could be a HUGE return)
      Carnival Cruise/CCL/Buy @ 5 (if they survive, this could be a HUGE return)
      Disney/DIS/Buy @ 50
      Skyworks/SWKS/Buy @ 67
      Amazon/AMZN/Buy @ 1,600 (probably won't happen)
      Starbucks/SBUX /Buy @ 35
      Last edited by Outback; 03-18-2020, 03:12 PM.

Comment

My broker (UBS) is telling me wait another week or two. When he is ready I'm going deep this round.

Another note, I have been getting hammered with emails from General Contractors we work for.

I see all major construction sites shutting down soon. Too bad this didn't happen during deer season...guess the boat is about to used daily...I can not just sit still.
        Last edited by Spearchunker; 03-18-2020, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Valero at 25 looks tempting

Comment

Ford, GM, Chrysler Fiat have announced closing manufacturing facilities until the end of the month.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
              That was meant to be foolish, not folkish. Some industries are going to go through some temporary pain. The cruise lines and airlines...maybe longer than temporary. They are dangerous right now.
              I knew what you meant.😁. Sadly I think this is just the beginning. I believe we have a ways to go before things turn around.

Comment

Originally posted by Outback View Post
                I'm preparing my buy list with target prices. Going to wait a bit let all the stuff hit the fan then here's what I'm thinking:

Darden/DRI/Buy @20
                Valero/VLO/Buy @ 25
                Apple/AAPL/Buy @ 220
                Facebook/FB/Buy @ 131
                STMicro/STM/Buy @ 13
                Disney/DIS/Buy @ 50
                Skyworks/SWKS/Buy @ 67
                Starbucks/SBUX /Buy @ 35
                I see you've got Carnival and Norwegian on there. If I may ask why not Royal Caribbean too? There's a lot of guys on here that did buy in.

Comment

I said this on another thread but I'm scared of the major airlines. There is talk of a federal buyout like happened with general motors under bummer admin. Floks that owned stock got wrote off and gm restructured causing huge damage to stockholders.

Comment

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
                    My broker (UBS) is telling me wait another week or two. When he is ready I'm going deep this round.

Another note, I have been getting hammered with emails from General Contractors we work for.

I see all major construction sites shutting down soon. Too bad this didn't happen during deer season...guess the boat is about to used daily...I can not just sit still.
                    Already have projects get delayed due to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Drop Tine View Post
                      Valero at 25 looks tempting
                      MPC baw.

Comment

Originally posted by Outback View Post

Darden/DRI/Buy @20
                        Valero/VLO/Buy @ 25
                        Apple/AAPL/Buy @ 220
                        Facebook/FB/Buy @ 131
                        STMicro/STM/Buy @ 13
                        Disney/DIS/Buy @ 50
                        Skyworks/SWKS/Buy @ 67
                        Starbucks/SBUX /Buy @ 35

I doubt DIS gets to $50, but it may. I would say anything under $90 is a good buy on it, but $50 is a steal.

Comment

I know this is slamming a lot of people. Those on the edge of retirement who were incorrectly allocated in retirement accounts are in a world of hurt. A good lesson for everyone. For those with personal investments, suck it up, Buttercup, this is part of the game when we decided to get in.

I am loving every downward tick. I've held back cash and worked to build it up ever since the DOW was about to hit 20,000 a few years ago. I really thought our fascination with round numbers would cause a correction. Then had the pleasure of watching it gain to 30k with half of my assets parked on the sideline. Proof you can't (at least I suck at) timing the market.

Now it's game time. I will not time this down turn. I am trickling in each day it's down further. On bigger drop days (see yesterday afternoon) I double down. I'll keep this up until there is a sustained rally and the market is 5 or 10% above the low. Dollar cost averaging like this should help me take advantage of the low of the low. I won't be surprised (and will actually be thrilled) if DOW goes to 15k.

FYI, heavy on oil securities. Won't go individual stocks, but like ETFs with holdings only in American oil/gas companies.

At age 48 and happy to wait it out 3-10 years, it really could be a game changer for my family.

To everyone - one price of unsolicited advice: get that 2019 Roth max contribution into your acct immidiately. Don't miss the tax deadline to do that.

(thumb typing. No telling how ridiculous the post above may look)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Some 12 dollar silver looking shiny to me now.

Comment

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post

No bueno
                              Last edited by JLivi1224; 03-21-2020, 07:59 AM.

Comment

my goal for the past 40 years was to accumulate enough money so that when retirement comes I will not have to be exposed to the stock market. Rather than count on the market to build my retirement I chose to systematically save 20-25% of my income each and every year and invest in a conservative manner.

I am now 66 years old - still working (only because I enjoy what I do) but I can retire at any point and generate enough income earning 3-4% on my investments to live like I want to live.

So my approach was different - I wanted to count on myself to save money during my accumulation years rather than hope and worry that the market would do it for me. Not saying the approach is for everybody but it is certainly one to consider if you are younger.

Comment

Working...
                                X