Pedal Kayak Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ask yourself where you will be using?
    Grass and shallow water change everything.
    Hobie and Jackson are easy to clean grass - Hobie is probably better if you spend a lot of time in less than 1ft.
    Other important questions are
    How much are you willing to spend and how much you are willing to lift.
    I just came out of an Outback. I have owned a lot of Kayaks since 1997. If I was buying that type of Kayak today I would probably go with a new Compass vs a used Outback because the outback got a pretty good redesign last year and the used ones on the market are not better than the compass.

I am currently in a Nucanoe F10 (still setting it up) with a trolling motor. This is an easy canoe to carry on headache bars while towing a travel trailer.

Comment

I have a Native Mariner 12' and a Native Slayer 10'. The 10' boat with out the motor is only 57# so very easy to pack around. I've had a Nucanoe 10' with a homemade peddle system on it. It got stolen so I bought a Native . I've been very pleased with the Natives and will stick with them.

Comment

I sent him your info bro.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
          What one do you use now? I personally like the Old Town Predator Pedal. And the 2020 Hobie PA of course!! I'd go with one of those in a heartbeat. The Hobie Compass is very stable and tracks pretty good.
          I have an old Kingfisher bathtub. It works OK and is stable, but my friend blows by me in his Hobie PA. He's dry and comfortable with storage and seldom anchors. I'm paddling, huffing trying to keep up and wet. I'm seeing used Hobie PA's near Houston around $2,000. If I could find one around $1,500 I might take the leap.

Comment

Originally posted by Outback View Post
            I have an old Kingfisher bathtub. It works OK and is stable, but my friend blows by me in his Hobie PA. He's dry and comfortable with storage and seldom anchors. I'm paddling, huffing trying to keep up and wet. I'm seeing used Hobie PA's near Houston around $2,000. If I could find one around $1,500 I might take the leap.
            I hear ya man. I like my predator 13 but have gotten tired of paddling to stay in place or keep up. There are some good deals out there on PAs right now. I’m looking for one myself.

Comment

Storage might be a problem too. I store mine on a rack on the side of the house now. Not sure the Hobie PA will fit. Don't have room in the garage, too much other stuff. Also, I assume it will go in my short bed Ford and be able to strapped down and not fall out.

Comment

Working...
              X