No announcement yet.

2020 Official Astros - Off Season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All the banter doesn’t remove the fact the Astros are cheaters.

Deflect as you see fit.

They cheated. They will always be labeled cheaters and not just by Ranger fans. They’re cheaters in the eyes of the entire fan base of every team. (As all teams who are found guilty in the future, should be)

Oh and the owner reminds me of a liberal politician with his crazy talk.

#cheaters
    #beanball2020

Comment

Originally posted by fishndude View Post
      all the banter doesn’t remove the fact the astros are cheaters.

Deflect as you see fit.

They cheated. They will always be labeled cheaters and not just by ranger fans. They’re cheaters in the eyes of the entire fan base of every team. (as all teams who are found guilty in the future, should be)

oh and the owner reminds me of a liberal politician with his crazy talk.

#cheaters
      #beanball2020
      😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😝😝😘😘

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        The pressure for your guys to perform at similar levels as the past is going to be an interesting national watch. They are all going to be under heavy scrutiny ... much like the folks on steroids going from 50+HRs to 20-25. Gonna be fun fun on the Twittererz..
        Yeah I agree with you on that. Looking forward to seeing how the Stros do this year and the 2020 season in general!

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
          Bolded- Then what are we talking about here?

Hey hey let’s not insert basketball into a sports conversation. Come on man.

My reactions are just due to me being tired of the buzzer stuff, mostly. I think objectively, one would have to view them as simply the most talented team in baseball for the last few years.

I don’t think you can point to this in the same breath as the steroid era homerun show. There are many many metrics that the 17 Stros were top 3 in the league. The homerun records were individual achievements, by definitions achieved by one man, and his actions alone were the Only variable (controlled by that team) of the ensuing records.

A lot more than good hitting goes into your team winning a World Series.
          You’ll have to trust me for now

Thank you for the congrats!
          This is where the confusion comes in for me. When you look at all the games they played in 2017 (regular season & postseason), they had the exact same record on the road as they did at home. 56 Wins / 34 Losses. That has nothing to do with feelings, emotions, opinions, etc. That's literally what happened. At the end of the day, people are making this huge deal about a team that cheated, to do what? Become as good as they already were when they didn't cheat? They shouldn't have cheated (and per their record, they didn't need to). But to act like they "stole" the season, and it's such a "travesty", is hilarious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by JMKro View Post
            This is where the confusion comes in for me. When you look at all the games they played in 2017 (regular season & postseason), they had the exact same record on the road as they did at home. 56 Wins / 34 Losses. That has nothing to do with feelings, emotions, opinions, etc. That's literally what happened. At the end of the day, people are making this huge deal about a team that cheated, to do what? Become as good as they already were when they didn't cheat? They shouldn't have cheated (and per their record, they didn't need to). But to act like they "stole" the season, and it's such a "travesty", is hilarious to me.
            You stop with your facts right now sir! Only emotion and jealousy is allowed!

Comment

I had to do it
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                All the banter doesn’t remove the fact the Astros are cheaters.

Deflect as you see fit.

They cheated. They will always be labeled cheaters and not just by Ranger fans. They’re cheaters in the eyes of the entire fan base of every team. (As all teams who are found guilty in the future, should be)

Oh and the owner reminds me of a liberal politician with his crazy talk.

#cheaters
                #beanball2020

Jeff their owner Jim Crane IS a flaming liberal!! Him and Obama were/are tight. Every time Obama played golf in Florida, it was on one of Crane's courses and most of the time it was Crane he played with... I root for the team, but would never buy a ticket or buy any official astro's (or now Astrisk's) gear.

Comment

Astros sign Jared Hughes to a minor league contract with an invite to camp.

Right-hander Jared Hughes and the Astros have agreed to a Minor League contract with an invite to Major League Spring Training. Hughes is at Astros camp in West Palm Beach, Fla., and was to work out on Monday.

Hughes is a nine-year MLB veteran with a 2.88 ERA in 524 career games, all in relief. He split the 2019 season between Cincinnati and Philadelphia, making 72 appearances with a 4.04 ERA and 54 strikeouts in 71 1/3 innings. He previously spent six seasons with the Pirates and one with the Brewers.

David Adler is a reporter for MLB.com based in New York. Follow him on Twitter at @_dadler.

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
                    Lol nah. Just sending smoke back. I can’t imagine of the rolls were reversed and the Rangers were in the the stros shoes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    No you can't I can assure you I've got enough self respect not to defend any of the **** that's gone on down there.....I don't care what team or sport.

Correa is a dumb ***, but I understand why he's taking up for a teamate and mentor. Some of you...I don't get.

"Yes we were cheating, but it didn't help....so we kept doing it. Oh and they cheated over there too!".

Comment

You guys ever gonna stop with the buzzer bull***?? Seriously. It was debunked by MLB investigators themselves.
                      Bull****, they just couldn't prove it.

The above is part of my issue with all this. MLB is throwing the Stros under the bus to make an example. This was going on league wide, in some form or fashion! So much so, a league wide Memo was sent out in September of ‘17.
                      The same MLB that supposedly "debunked" the buzzer thing. More bull****.

All excuses and deflection.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        No you can't I can assure you I've got enough self respect not to defend any of the **** that's gone on down there.....I don't care what team or sport.

Correa is a dumb ***, but I understand why he's taking up for a teamate and mentor. Some of you...I don't get.

"Yes we were cheating, but it didn't help....so we kept doing it. Oh and they cheated over there too!".

Rent free!!! Another day letting us know about your personal feelings for Astros fans. Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

As a lifelong Astros fan, I'm embarrassed and extremely disappointed. I think they should forfeit their WS title as well. Anyone who says "it doesn't matter if they knew what was coming, they still had to hit it" clearly never played beyond dad's pitch. They cheated their *****e$ off, and all they can do now is go out and win to have any hope of shutting people up.

That being said, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. And the Rangers suck.
                          Last edited by ACCURACYINC; 02-17-2020, 02:12 PM. Reason: ...

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                            Bull****, they just couldn't prove it.

The same MLB that supposedly "debunked" the buzzer thing. More bull****.

All excuses and deflection.
                            But do we know they couldn't prove it? They gave the players immunity to tell what went on. I have my doubts that the whole report was made public. If that lawsuit from that one pitcher goes through, then EVERYTHING will be out in the open. But I'm sure there will be a settlement to keep that from happening.

And yall keep throwing the Home and Away records out there as a defense when it's been let know that the code breakers traveled with the team. And their Postseason Home and Away splits are HUGE.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm ready for trashcan night at the park! Maybe it will get its own bobble head to go with it!

Comment

I don't have a dog in this hunt, and my objective opinion is:

If you admit to cheating in 2017 - surrender the trophy. It's the honorable thing to do...and it puts all this BS to rest.

BUT - I believe Correa's testimony about Altuve sounds legit.

Comment

Working...
                                X