No announcement yet.

Somerville PHL 18-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All Texas deer are on the small side. Somerville deer are notorious narrow. They are also not nearly as prevalent as in other areas and PHLs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This weekend had pretty good activity for me, but didn’t get to sling any arrows. Had a decent 8pt at 15 yards that was so tempting but based on the short time I had to look at him, I think he was right inside the ears around 12.5” inside spread. Plus some pigs about 100 yards away spooked him before I really got a great look. Got some stuff to do this afternoon, I’ll be back out later this week in evening or next weekend.

Comment

Hunted two different areas yesterday. In the morning hunt I had two doe about 40 yards. They did not like the Tinks #69 I had out. Maybe a little early for that. Went to another unit after lunch and had at least 10 doe in my area. I brushed myself in and sat on a tree trunk. Had a doe come in at ten yards and went to draw back, only to have a twig from one of the dead limbs I use get jammed in the cam of my bow. Plenty of doe on my cameras and at the spots I hunt but man, where are the bucks?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by greenmonstah View Post
          Hunted two different areas yesterday. In the morning hunt I had two doe about 40 yards. They did not like the Tinks #69 I had out. Maybe a little early for that. Went to another unit after lunch and had at least 10 doe in my area. I brushed myself in and sat on a tree trunk. Had a doe come in at ten yards and went to draw back, only to have a twig from one of the dead limbs I use get jammed in the cam of my bow. Plenty of doe on my cameras and at the spots I hunt but man, where are the bucks?

October lull, acorns falling. and still month and a half away from the rut..

Comment

Originally posted by HogStalker View Post
            All Texas deer are on the small side. Somerville deer are notorious narrow. They are also not nearly as prevalent as in other areas and PHLs.

I meant in regards to Texas. The deer in San Angelo have at least 50 lbs this on the Somerville deer I saw in the forum, and back home in the La Grange/ Shiner area probably 25 lbs.

Comment

A mature doe in this region will bring in about 42-50lbs quartered.
              Not sure what your saying with 25lbs?

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggwild View Post
                A mature doe in this region will bring in about 42-50lbs quartered.
                Not sure what your saying with 25lbs?

I was saying take a LS deer add 25lbs that’s a Shiner/La Grange deer, and add another 25lbs and that’s a San Angelo deer.

Comment

I have deer in Gay Hill area that you would consider big. Hoof prints the size of your hand.

Comment

I have deer in Gay Hill area that you would consider big. Hoof prints the size of your hand.

Let’s see some pics!

Comment

I won a doe contest a few years ago with a Somerville WMA deer, she weighed 102# on the hoof.

Comment

Originally posted by aarongray View Post
                        Let’s see some pics!

I normally don't take pictures of hoof prints. Lol. I'm not a paid member so I'm no longer allowed to post pictures.

Comment

This mornings hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by aarongray View Post
                            Let’s see some pics!

I sent you a message.

Comment

I normally don't take pictures of hoof prints. Lol. I'm not a paid member so I'm no longer allowed to post pictures.

Hahah I meant the deer! You don’t have to pay to post pictures. I think it’s just full resolution that you need to pay.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullwinkle View Post
                                This mornings hunt.

Did any of those take an arrow?

Comment

Working...
                                X