No announcement yet.

2019 Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My sons team has decided to go to Pigeon Forge for their World Series. It looks like an amazing place. Anybody ever been with their team?

Comment

Just Paid Dues!

Its go time!

Comment

Is anyone doing both select and Little League?

My son wants to do both but man this is going to be a tough schedule. All LL games would be played during the week. Select tournaments would be every other weekend. Not sure how I would arrange the practice schedule either because he would probably have to miss some practices somewhere in the season.

Development wise, he really needs more game time that is why I am entertaining the idea. We went strong on skills training in the fall with very few games.

Comment

Originally posted by fishinguy View Post

My son wants to do both but man this is going to be a tough schedule. All LL games would be played during the week. Select tournaments would be every other weekend. Not sure how I would arrange the practice schedule either because he would probably have to miss some practices somewhere in the season.

Development wise, he really needs more game time that is why I am entertaining the idea. We went strong on skills training in the fall with very few games.
          Here's something to ponder about little league...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zu-mFtGbIN8"]My Sports Story: Steve Rannazzisi Little League Nightmare - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

What age is he? We did it once with our oldest and it was alot, but he did fine with it. I think it just really depends on the kid. If a kid has above average skills I think they tend to play down in LL which isn't good. Also if he pitches I'd strongly consider not doing both because guess who's going to throw Thursday night in LL. The upside is they will get more reps and they get to play with their buddies. It's typically less intense and allows them to have more fun, but not always the case depending on how competitive your LL is. Also if he shows any signs of burnout by the end of spring travel ball then doing both will make it worse. Good luck in whatever you decide!

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
              What age is he? We did it once with our oldest and it was alot, but he did fine with it. I think it just really depends on the kid. If a kid has above average skills I think they tend to play down in LL which isn't good. Also if he pitches I'd strongly consider not doing both because guess who's going to throw Thursday night in LL. The upside is they will get more reps and they get to play with their buddies. It's typically less intense and allows them to have more fun, but not always the case depending on how competitive your LL is. Also if he shows any signs of burnout by the end of spring travel ball then doing both will make it worse. Good luck in whatever you decide!

He plays 11u.

He does pitch but pitch count would be managed as if he were only playing on one team. He would not pitch in LL if there is not proper time for rest.

I did see it as an opportunity where he can just go out and have fun playing some games. Any sign of burn out or decline, and I would pull him from the LL. His skills are good he mostly needs to learn to play more relaxed which seems to come more from game reps than anything else.

This was completely my sons choice. I asked him in front of the select coach and the coach kinda broke down the amount of play with my son and my son said that is what he wanted to do. I figured we could give it a try I just hope both teams are willing to work with us.

Comment

He plays 11u.

He does pitch but pitch count would be managed as if he were only playing on one team. He would not pitch in LL if there is not proper time for rest.

I did see it as an opportunity where he can just go out and have fun playing some games. Any sign of burn out or decline, and I would pull him from the LL. His skills are good he mostly needs to learn to play more relaxed which seems to come more from game reps than anything else.

This was completely my sons choice. I asked him in front of the select coach and the coach kinda broke down the amount of play with my son and my son said that is what he wanted to do. I figured we could give it a try I just hope both teams are willing to work with us.
                Good deal! Be very up front with his LL coach about potential conflicts with pitching and practices etc. and all should be good. We told the board before our LL draft that our son was doing both so they could disclose that to the coaches before they even drafted him. One other consideration would be all Stars esp at his age. If selected and they do well he could potentially play all summer as well.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                  Yall at bbusa?
                  We got that Larsson guy as the TD. Not sure where we will be yet. We are scheduled for Beaumont as well.

I may sit the Houston trip out, and stay local for Daughter's volleyball. Still trying to decide. Son will be with his Mama that weekend for start of Spring Break.

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
                    Good deal! Be very up front with his LL coach about potential conflicts with pitching and practices etc. and all should be good. We told the board before our LL draft that our son was doing both so they could disclose that to the coaches before they even drafted him. One other consideration would be all Stars esp at his age. If selected and they do well he could potentially play all summer as well.
                    It did ask on the form when I signed up if he was playing anywhere else. I did indicate that he was so hopefully they take that into consideration prior to the draft. I will do my absolute best to work with all the coaches.

We will tackle the allstar topic at the end of the LL season. I'll see what other people on the select team do in these situation. There is probably some others that are playing both.

Comment

Any of you guys going to Gulf Shores shoot me a PM. I have a friend with a condo on the beach and it's very nice. They rent it out for the World Series every year.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                        Any of you guys going to Gulf Shores shoot me a PM. I have a friend with a condo on the beach and it's very nice. They rent it out for the World Series every year.
                        PM sent

Comment

****.. couple weeks late..
                          Wife already hooked up the condo we had last year ..

Comment

same here.. we booked one a couple of weeks ago.

Comment

Well we played our first tournament this weekend and the boys started off great. We won the first game 15-1 and the second game 10-0 the bats are alive as of right now, so hope it keeps going through the weekend.

Comment

Good job! Keep the machine rollin!

Comment

Working...
                                X