Lake Dunlap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
    About what I expected. Sad for many of those who own homes on that lake. My guess is there will be no more lake dunlap.
    Yeah, if the lake is not important for flood control or as a water supply I doubt
    they will appropriate the money. Recreation is just a by-product of those two purposes.

Comment

A fixed earthen/concrete spillway could be built fairly cheaply, as opposed to gates.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
        Wouldn't surprise me if the LCRA doesn't take over or partner
        When Joe Beal was still there , they would have been all over this deal. In 2010 after he left, they voted to stop doing these types of projects and just focus on their core responsibilities, and divested themselves from the utilities they had aquired over the 90s and 2000s. It will be interesting to see if they partner up.

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
          On the other hand, it could be a great time to buy while values are down..
          Absolutely. It'll be a buyer's market until they get close to getting the dam repaired.

Comment

Originally posted by hgiles View Post
            If anyone’s looking for a nice home in New Braunfels, mines about to hit the market. Custom home on .54 acres. ~2700 sq ft.

NOT on the lake but does have lake/river access

[emoji4]
            Send it to me.

Comment

For a second I thought about this dam-fixing business. Seems like there would be lot of work out there and you could possibly make some good money. However think of the down-the-road liability if one of your repair jobs fails.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                Send it to me.

Sent you a pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  A fixed earthen/concrete spillway could be built fairly cheaply, as opposed to gates.

My guess is it's a 5M to 8M job on the low end. That is not including the engineering etc.

Comment

the post about the commissioner's court meeting said "last month" but it was April last year. Here's the link, but you need to go to about the 29-min point to hear the GBRA guys. Bottom line--they don't even know what they don't know.

Comment

A buddy of mine that has a house on the lake sent me this:

GBRA has 11 days to get approval for $35 million from TX Legislature before the session closes. If not approved, it’s a 2-year wait for funding because TX Legislature meets only every 2 years. If it gets approved, it is at least a 4-year building project.

Not sure of his source, but if he is right, it’s a 4 to 6 year wait.

Comment

It makes sense for the county to pitch in just to not lose the tax revenue long term.

Comment

Originally posted by 220swift View Post
                          A buddy of mine that has a house on the lake sent me this:

GBRA has 11 days to get approval for $35 million from TX Legislature before the session closes. If not approved, it’s a 2-year wait for funding because TX Legislature meets only every 2 years. If it gets approved, it is at least a 4-year building project.

Not sure of his source, but if he is right, it’s a 4 to 6 year wait.
                          That is not happening barring Greg Abbott owning a house on that lake.

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
                            It makes sense for the county to pitch in just to not lose the tax revenue long term.
                            Not really. They will still tax it as riverfront property. On top of that there are not that many houses on that lake. It's a bad situation for those owning property. I see lawsuits coming against the entities at fault. They will not rebuild that lake.

Comment

With average flow, how wide will the river be through the old lake bed?

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                                With average flow, how wide will the river be through the old lake bed?
                                Way up river it isn’t bad. Down by the dam, it’s pretty bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X