Bass Boat Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bass Boat Help

I was looking at some used boats a while back but have decided to look at just buying a new one instead. I will be on a budget of probably 25k or less and it will be financed. This will be a fresh water bass and crappie rig and will spend most of it's time on Livingston. I am a rookie when it comes to boats. I have looked at Tracker, Crestliner, and Xpress. I can find online prices for Crestliner and Tracker but nothing on Xpress. I would prefer a Yamaha but it seems a lot in my price point come with a Merc. Is there a brand I'm missing that I should be looking at? The Tracker Pro Team 195 seems like a decent bang for the buck. Is it worth a crap? The Crestliner XF 189 also seems to be a good boat. Are the Xpress about the same price? Any opinions on what you would buy for <$25k for a new aluminum bass rig?

Bass Boat Help

I would do center console before bass boat unless serious about bass fishing. Even on a tin rig.

Also I would go as big as I could afford, Livingston gets angry quick and the last thing you want to do is get caught out there in a small boat.

Just My opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mayhem; 07-05-2020, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
      I would do center console before bass boat unless serious about bass fishing. Even on a tin rig.

Just My opinion.

Bass and crappie are really all I care to fish for anymore. It will never leave fresh water. It would live on Livingston and make an occasional trip to Rayburn or Oklahoma. I'm definitely not opposed to center console, but new I figured they were over my budget.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
        Bass and crappie are really all I care to fish for anymore. It will never leave fresh water. It would live on Livingston and make an occasional trip to Rayburn or Oklahoma. I'm definitely not opposed to center console, but new I figured they were over my budget.

The G3 and such center console I would figure to be about the same price as the bass boat style. Take it for what it’s worth but I would t have anything that said tracker on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
          The G3 and such center console I would figure to be about the same price as the bass boat style. Take it for what it’s worth but I would t have anything that said tracker on it.

Thanks. That's why I'm asking for opinions. I've heard mixed reviews on Tracker products.

Comment

A 20ft xpress h20 bay with a yamaha sho 115 is gonna run you about $32,000. Thats depending on whats its decked out with as far as trolling motor, graphs, ect.

Comment

You have to look at accessories as well. Some of the entry level boats come under powered, with underpowered trolling motor and electronics you may not be happy with...that is how they get the price down and you don’t want to buy something you will be unhappy with in the future. In my opinion the motor should ideally be at or near the max hp rating for the boat.

Comment

I have the Tracker 175TF with a 60hp Merc. I’m happy with it, and like the layout. It does everything I need and want. It’s not fast (about 30mph loaded) but I don’t need anything that fast right now. It’ll be within your budget, too. The 195 you mentioned is a good rig, too.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                  A 20ft xpress h20 bay with a yamaha sho 115 is gonna run you about $32,000. Thats depending on whats its decked out with as far as trolling motor, graphs, ect.

I would buy a boat like Mikes if I were doing a lot of fresh water fishing. Has all the features of a bass style boat and more functional room.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                    Thanks. I figured they were over 30k. I really like your boat but I need to stay around 25k. That seems to limit options. If the Trackers aren't worth a crap, I guess I'll look at the Crestliner and Alumacraft.

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
                      You have to look at accessories as well. Some of the entry level boats come under powered, with underpowered trolling motor and electronics you may not be happy with...that is how they get the price down and you don’t want to buy something you will be unhappy with in the future. In my opinion the motor should ideally be at or near the max hp rating for the boat.
                      True, I’ve put close Several thousand in upgrades in my Tracker 175tf with electronics, trolling motor, and networking. I do feel the 60hp is way underpowered for that boat. It’s rated for a 70hp, but loaded with a full tank, gear, and my big a**, it struggles...

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
                        Thanks. I'll definitely keep that in mind.

Originally posted by Tbuddyandroby View Post
                        I have the Tracker 175TF with a 60hp Merc. I’m happy with it, and like the layout. It does everything I need and want. It’s not fast (about 30mph loaded) but I don’t need anything that fast right now. It’ll be within your budget, too. The 195 you mentioned is a good rig, too.
                        Thanks. I think the 195 may have had the 90hp but can't remember now. I don't need a speed demon.

Comment

Look at the Xpress website. Look up the XP7 Bass or Crappie.

Comment

Sir what turned you off on a used boat? I have an old ranger and I love the thing. I’d hate to be crawling over stumps in a tin boat. Frankly I don’t like it in my fiberglass boat but it’ll do it all day long.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post
                              Sir what turned you off on a used boat? I have an old ranger and I love the thing. I’d hate to be crawling over stumps in a tin boat. Frankly I don’t like it in my fiberglass boat but it’ll do it all day long.
                              My used boat budget would have to be something I could buy for 7-8k cash. I just wasn't seeing a whole lot in that range that I felt good about. I've just heard so many horror stories on used boat purchases. I'd rather just get me a new boat so I know how it's been taken care of. I just need to keep payments in the 3-350 range. I dont even know how long they finance boats for.
                              Last edited by Pineywoods; 07-05-2020, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X