kimber mountain ascent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kimber mountain ascent

Who has good and bad info on them? I am getting one in 280ai, and would like to know what has and hasn't worked for you, trying to go as light weight wise as possible.

I looked at them. Very light rifles. Guy behind the counter didn’t care for them, too thin Of a barrel, got too hot after the first shot.

If I was a hard core sheep hunter it may make sense, but I like a little more heft in a gun.

I went with the weatherby and have been happy

Comment

kimber mountain ascent

Originally posted by TeXXaN View Post
      Who has good and bad info on them? I am getting one in 280ai, and would like to know what has and hasn't worked for you, trying to go as light weight wise as possible.

I love mine and will never get rid of it. Mine shoots 3 shoots under an inch and that’s all I can ask for a gun that light.

Mine is in 280 AI and I went with the Zeiss HD with matching camo and rings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Have a buddy that has one. He likes it. I was going to go with the Cooper Backcountry but ended up stumbling into a screaming deal on a Tikka Superlite. Dropped it into a McMillan with Edge fill and fixed the trigger. I like it a lot. Very accurate. As long as the borders open up it is going with me on a mountain goat and moose hunt in northern British Columbia in October.

Comment

Man, if I were putting an off the shelf rifle together, this is the exact one I would get, the mountain ascent in 280AI. IMO, for a one rifle, big game caliber, this would be it. They are sweet and look foward to hearing how you like it! I can't tell you how many times I have looked at them on their website and then handled one in one of our local sporting goods stores.

Comment

I am super excited, just due to weight. I have my ruger american thats a compact with a 3-9x40 scope down to just over 6.3lbs. It shoots good, havent had to shoot over 100 at any mountain animal yet. But it rings steel out to 300 constantly. Im finally in the game of fancy guns though. This will be my sheep killer.

Comment

Dang i really like that but I'm wanting a 300 or 338 wsm in a 20 inch barrel. Hard to find option without building it.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have an Adirondack that I bought for a similar purpose. Great rifle-- no issues.

Comment

what does that one weigh?

Comment

Working...
                  X