No announcement yet.

Cooler knock offs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roto molded coolers hold ice a bit better, but where the bang for the buck is the durability. It’s pretty nice to be able to stand on one and it not crush...even more so the fact I can throw one in the bed and not have to worry about whether or not the lid will be there when I reach my destination..

Comment

Originally posted by slayr View Post
      Roto molded coolers hold ice a bit better, but where the bang for the buck is the durability. It’s pretty nice to be able to stand on one and it not crush...even more so the fact I can throw one in the bed and not have to worry about whether or not the lid will be there when I reach my destination..
      Had one come off the back of my flat bed on IH35 near Dilly at 80mph. It came to a stop in fast lane after skidding for several hundred yards. Then was hit by a 18 wheeler knocked 15' in the air. I had to remove and straighten out the rod hinges in the lid and that's it. Its a 70 quart Yeti.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
        You got a discount code?
        Originally posted by 150class View Post
        I just went to that link and I am not seeing 1/3 the price but 349.99 for what I wan assume is a 65qt?

Do you have another link with the 1/3 price? Or can you buy it and I will give you 1/3 the price of a yeti of equal size once I pick it up from you and we can call it even?
        OK, I was off a bit...But when I was shopping for coolers. Yetis were in the $500-750 range at Gibson's in Kerrville, Bass Pro, and other places. So when I saw the Icehole and compared it, I bought it when offered. I got my Icehole for just under $200 about 6 years ago from a wholesaler. I wish I can find that guy again. Icehole has since moved from Kerrville and that contact is gone. I did forget to include that I did not purchase from a store. Sorry, that was an important part that I forgot.

Comment

Ice is cheap...and so am I.

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
            You aint the only one!

Comment

I took advantage of RTIC when they had to change designs and they had to get rid of their old stock, think I paid $120 for a 65 quart with free shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
                Amen. I'd rather send my money on other things.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Comment

Coolers came in and overall the quality, fit and finish look outstanding to me. Some nice features and robust hardware. Very well made from the looks and feel. They are heavy as I would expect.
                  Lid gaskets are refrigerator type set in a grove for a positive seal. I am pleased with what I got. No doubt they will hold ice and whatever for a long time.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                    Coolers came in and overall the quality, fit and finish look outstanding to me. Some nice features and robust hardware. Very well made from the looks and feel. They are heavy as I would expect.
                    Lid gaskets are refrigerator type set in a grove for a positive seal. I am pleased with what I got. No doubt they will hold ice and whatever for a long time.
                    Nice!

Comment

Yeti...

Comment

^only one brand makin a cameo in the most American show on TV

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          Translated......I waited until I got one as a gift and love it...
                          My sentiments exactly! Got a Yeti 75 a year ago for a service award @ work. Other than it's a heavy SOB, I Love it!
                          Last edited by locolobo; 07-06-2020, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Keep those Chinese factories busy!

Comment

I just bought a Kodi form H-E-B 125 qt. They are almost $200 cheaper than a same size Yeti. I am very happy with it. Like others have said, I like the rotomolded coolers more for their durability rather than ice holding ability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

American made Orca, Igloo and Coleman. Say No Chyna.

Comment

Working...
                                X