My stock market prediction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My stock market prediction

Figure a few of you guys would love me to make a prediction just so you can watch like a hawk and bust my chops if I'm wrong.

This has many factors so overall it's a guess..I feel confident enough I'm putting money where my mouth is (if anyone cares) and buying leap calls.

Our markets will get back to it old highs we saw just 5-6 weeks ago in roughly 13-15 months. That's nearly a 60% rise from yesterdays prices.

Here are the reasons why.
    1. This COVID junk has already peaked. We just didn't know it. So while numbers will go over 100k infected in the next 7-10 days some will freak out but others will figure out it's almost over. Markets IMO know this already.
    2. Stimulus package of 2 trillion. We are going to over stimulate IMO but that will help markets rise even faster.
    3. Way too many people are saying CV will last and erode us away for 4-6 more months. When that turns false there will be lots of buys flooding in for months.
    4. Trump reelected in November should boost stocks a lot more.. This boost will happen if/when markets know he's a shoe in. So could happen over time in Sep/Oct... Or if race is remotely questionable would happen after election night.
    5. Wild card - inflation. This may make the ride bumpy. But overall inflation helps markets rise over time. They simply keep up with inflation. But if too much inflation may crash the markets temporarily. It's a wild card because inflation is somehow held in check (still) and I assume could be for even longer.

Flame away. Or save this post and beat me up later.

Pulled all mine out and switched to Mutual funds last Thursday. That was the last week to have any gains. Got a few $k back by closing and then it switched over.
    Wish I had the foresight to of done it a week earlier.

As soon as this virus passes and things start to resume, I'll switch it back.

Comment

dow 5,000 by june. i am beyond bear.

Comment

It will rebound at some point in the future

Comment

Bearish as well. Too much debt. If we inflate our way out of this mess, the interest on existing debt will bring the system crashing down.

Comment

Bold predictions, I like it

Comment

Originally posted by Capp35 View Post
              Pulled all mine out and switched to Mutual funds last Thursday. That was the last week to have any gains. Got a few $k back by closing and then it switched over.
              Wish I had the foresight to of done it a week earlier.

As soon as this virus passes and things start to resume, I'll switch it back.
              What where you in before? and what did you switch to?

Comment

We all know it will come back; personally I don't think we will be back to the same numbers in that time frame. I don't believe you are putting enough enphasis on the "world economy". Sure domestically we will be strong, but other countries aren't going to bouce back as fast, therefore keeping the market down.

Comment

I actually got out of the market on 1/24/2020, I lost a little but not much. I told a friend at the time we would see 15,000 but I meant 18,000. Last week I bought a lot of my company stock, it went up all week. The China market has boosted our sales and we are seeing it recovering. It will rebound and it will start soon, maybe next week.

Comment

It has a real possibility to get ugly again once earning reports come out or when some of these mega corporations start filing bankruptcy.

Comment

Well the VIX is below 60 this morning which is a sign the market has capitulated...we shall see!

Comment

following.

Comment

I hope it comes back that fast. I took a beating just like everyone else for the last 4 weeks. Trump's tone yesterday gave me hope too. I believe we are at the bottom or very close in the markets. I just don't know how fast it will come back. I wish I had cash to buy some of the discounts that are out there right now for sure.

I like your predictions hope it comes true!

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                            What where you in before? and what did you switch to?
                            I had a 529 and smaller 401k set aside for my sons college, which he has 1 more year to go. I had it in high return stocks and was making great money. Pulled it out when it got back to my initial investment (plus a couple of $k at the end)
                            Just made a quick phone call mid-day to my broker, and said to switch it all to mutual funds.
                            Like most, I kept all my others and 401s in. I have another 10 years to retire.

Comment

I hope you are right and like what my RCL is doing that I bought last week!

Comment

Working...
                              X