Going to the lease during "Lockdown"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to the lease during "Lockdown"

I've seen a few people mention doing so or asking about it.

With this so called "lock down" .... is driving through or on the outskirts of one of these metro messes with a 16' lowboy loaded down with a ranger and gear gonna be a red flag worth worrying about?

All I need is Bucees or any other gas station to be open to pull off my trip, I promise not inhale toxic fumes or cough along the way.....

FWIW- the trip would be Harris county, skirt below San Antonio then onward to Brackettville Via Uvalde.

This is a non- necessary trip.
    Just pre-planned before all this hysteria began.

Id just say dont go through the big cities mentioned so as to not have to worry about it. Take a detour and enjoy the scenic route. Might be that last time you get to go for a few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Are they going to be setting up road blocks? Sounds like a trip from hell if so!

I was planning on getting the rest of my stuff off my old lease friday too!

Comment

I am about to do the same thing. trip was not planned, but I would rather hang out at the lease than at home. Gas stations are open, I think you will just see less traffic than normal

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
          I've seen a few people mention doing so or asking about it.

With this so called "lock down" .... is driving through or on the outskirts of one of these metro messes with a 16' lowboy loaded down with a ranger and gear gonna be a red flag worth worrying about?

All I need is Bucees or any other gas station to be open to pull off my trip, I promise not inhale toxic fumes or cough along the way.....

FWIW- the trip would be Harris county, skirt below San Antonio then onward to Brackettville Via Uvalde.

This is a non- necessary trip.
          Just pre-planned before all this hysteria began.
          Just say you're going to feed animals. That is essential and it isn't a lie.

Comment

I went to the lease last weekend and traffic was AWESOME. Houston was a piece of cake and San Antonio was like a ghost town when I drove through.

Comment

I would venture to say that you should be just fine.........By the looks of traffic and the amount of people still flocking to every grocery store I pass here in central Texas, this "lock down" or "shelter in place" concept only covers a very few............

Safe travels and hope you pick up some great sheds.

Rwc

Comment

I think you will be fine.

Comment

It’s turkey season, so I wish I was going.

But hope you guys are taking the wife and/or the kids.
                  Perfect time and weather to get them out of the house.

BP

Comment

I’ll be doing th e same on Friday.

Comment

They’re not restricting free travel.. “Essential” is poorly defined with just about every activity can be defined as essential.

Comment

This is all b s! They shoulda taken all the spring breakers and maimed em with a dull fork. Wife was going to College Station today to pick out pictures for her moms funeral. They are shelter in place. And the funeral had been put on hold until April. She passed on the 19th. Undertaker said not to worry that embalming has come a long way and she will be fine.
                        So having said that, don’t worry fellas. If covid19 gets you your shelf life is covered!

Comment

My wife is Nurse/NP. Told her to take her uniform and badge just in case she couldn’t get back. She canceled trip.

Comment

Been seeing less cars on the road, so traffic is a lot better. But cops are still out enforcing the speed limit.

Comment

Made the trip from cypress to brackettville yesterday
                              Weather was great. Overcast with a nice breeze. Roads are still muddy. Even stopped at dziuks to pick up some meat for the pit

Comment

Working...
                              X