No announcement yet.

Tipping at take out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I normally only do a couple bucks for take out. Now if we’re picking up food trying to leave at least $20 no matter what the bill, 20% if it’s more than just lunch to go.

I worked for years in the service industry and Texas is crazy low with wages. We are only able to do 1-2x per week right now but hoping that it helps a couple people

Comment

I will be tipping more than usual.

Comment

I tipped just the same this evening at takeout as I normally do (20%). It's not the waitress's fault she had to bring our food to the car and watch us drive off.

Comment

I learned to tip well when I was younger and dated a lot of waitresses...they remember more people than you think.

We don’t do a lot of take out, and our orders aren’t big, the last week I’ve been tipping 100%. Im pinching penny’s these days, but it ain’t gonna kill me, and it may help them more than you know.

I’ll tip almost nothing for a **** attitude, and hang around in case they ask why. That hasn’t happened in a long time. I find that people mostly are good, and care about their job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I tip takeout every time around 12-15%. Dine-in I tip 20%. Sometimes my math is fuzzy but they always receive a tip regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post
              I doubled any tips I normally give anyone during this time
              Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
              Tip as much as you can right now
              This.

2 times we have tipped well and the business owners have near shed tears

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve been tipping like I just sat down and was waited on.

Comment

We never do take out but did this week. I tipped more than I usually would if I was eating in. Wouldn't have before this but I still have a job and most folks in that industry are struggling. Help each other out. Wolfie's wings to go yesterday is honoring their dine in once a week special price they have for pick up...still cheaper than it would be if I went in and had drinks etc.

Comment

Eating out is a luxury. A lot of local restaurants we love are hurting. I’m tipping pretty strong right now, some of these places up to 100%. When we come out on the other end of this, I still want to see my favorite servers working at the restaurants my family loves.

Comment

I always tip really well. That said, I’m not picking up food right now. No clue where these people have been or what they’ve been exposed to, and I don’t want to bring anything home to my parents, who are both high risk. We’re hunkered down with enough food to last a few months, at least

Comment

Should not even be a question. Tip bigly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          I learned to tip well when I was younger and dated a lot of waitresses...they remember more people than you think.

We don’t do a lot of take out, and our orders aren’t big, the last week I’ve been tipping 100%. Im pinching penny’s these days, but it ain’t gonna kill me, and it may help them more than you know.

I’ll tip almost nothing for a **** attitude, and hang around in case they ask why. That hasn’t happened in a long time. I find that people mostly are good, and care about their job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          my thoughts exactly

Comment

Yep, I have been tipping

Comment

Yep even tipped the donut shop yesterday morning.

Comment

Originally posted by NBK75 View Post
                                Yep even tipped the donut shop yesterday morning.
                                I do that most of the time anyway because I know a particular donut shop went through a hard time last year.
                                But tipping other take-out, probably not. We've just been simply ordering a lot more lately to support their businesses and pray they don't close up.

Comment

Working...
                                X