Help! There is an owl at my door!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! There is an owl at my door!!!

Need TBH help. Of all things I have a injured or sick owl at my front door.... yes believe it or not we have owls in the Houston Heights . I’ve been wondering where all the squirrels went lately!!!

Anyway this guy looks like he might be sick or injured and we’re trying to find somebody who is an expert in this area as you can guess in this crazy times that we’re living in it’s not easy to get someone to pick up the phone!

Any one have any ideas? It’s a beautiful bird and we hate to see it suffer!

Click image for larger version

Name:	943ED269-03F4-494A-B6AC-5DF52130F226.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	25208201

Look up animal rehabbers in your area. That is who will come get it and help it.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
      Look up animal rehabbers in your area. That is who will come get it and help it.
      We have a call into them and left a message their message said to catch it and bring it in ....I could assure you I would rather grab a coyote by the tail ! I got within 15 feet of this thing and it started snapping at me !!!

Comment

A game warden should know who can take care of it.

Comment

got any welding gloves

Comment

Any birds of prey/falcon peeps on here? Game wardens? I certainly have already run the traps I’m looking for an inside contact

Comment

Yup, welding gloves, a blanket and pet carrier. It looks young. Probably fixin' to be on its own.

Comment

Originally posted by red View Post
                got any welding gloves
                Let me tell you I had gloves on and a big blanket and this thing said ...if you take one step closer you’re going to end up in the hospital with stitches and you’re gonna wind up getting Covid19 over this!!!

Comment

call game warden

Comment

Originally posted by El Viejo View Post
                    Yup, welding gloves, a blanket and pet carrier. It looks young. Probably fixin' to be on its own.
                    I sized it up to be young as well we definitely have them in the neighborhood so it’s really not a surprise I’m wondering if we just let the little creature fend for itself it does not have any real apparent signs of injury ?

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
                      Let me tell you I had gloves on and a big blanket and this thing said ...if you take one step closer you’re going to end up in the hospital with stitches and you’re gonna wind up getting Covid19 over this!!!
                      Call his bluff and do it.

I caught an owl on a top water frog one night. Used a coat to drape over him to get my frog back. He screech and hooted like no tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
                        I could assure you I would rather grab a coyote by the tail ! I got within 15 feet of this thing and it started snapping at me !!!
                        It's a young bird & how they coo at that age...you will be fine, just go pick it up. Their talons aren't sharp till adulthood.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Blue View Post
                          call game warden
                          I called Austin and the dispatch center and they said we don’t come out for that .... my reply was well I for sure saw this on the TV . dispatch his reply was well that was TV .

Anybody have a contact to a Harris county game warden that might care to hear my story ?

Comment

Lone Star Law.

Comment

Harris County Game Warden(s)

BANE, MARK
                              713-702-1405

LOPEZ, DERRICK
                              832-523-8565

LUCIO, BILLY J
                              281-702-0744

PRIETO, DAVID
                              713-691-9054