No till drill... I think... Need help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No till drill... I think... Need help.

We got this "sunflower planter" for free from a friend. Problem is I aint knowin how to werk it. Can someone point me in the right direction? I'd rather plant cereal rye/ smaller diameter seeds with it but I don't know if it's actually sunflower specific or what. I assume one of the adjustments is for something like seed rate and the other is for seed diameter? Help me. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5442.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	25208009

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5441.jpg
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	25208010

Name:	IMG_5439.jpg
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	25208011

Name:	IMG_5438.jpg
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	25208012

Those rows are gonna be way too far apart for grains IMO. I like that green carpet look so I use a three point spreader.

Comment

It's a plate planter. You change plates and sprockets to adjust spacing of plants on the rows. You can only get the rows so tight though. Whatever it will give you with the units touching on the toolbar. Looks like a 71 series to me.

Better for larger seed. Great for peas, soybeans, lab lab etc.

Broadcast the tiny stuff and drag.
      Last edited by Lungbustr; 03-23-2020, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Got my dad checking. Had to send him pic of your planter.

Comment

I agree with above. series 71 or so, for larger seeds, spacing looks more for corn, single disk culters don't work well over thick grass. Good score for free.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
            Those rows are gonna be way too far apart for grains IMO. I like that green carpet look so I use a three point spreader.
            Yes going to have to go very heavy. But it will work.

Comment

He said take the plates out and count the slots in the plates. The more slots the smaller seed it will plant. Also doesn’t appear to be no till.
              Last edited by oktx; 03-23-2020, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Thanks guys, got youtube going trying to figure it out. Thanks to okTx now I have to go figure out the difference between a no till seed drill and a normal seed drill. I thought all seed drills/ planters were no till. Dernit!

Comment

It's not a no till for sure. Should be double disk.

Here is where to buy plates.

WELCOME TO LINCOLN AG PRODUCTS All the planter plates we have made are for sale under the “Store” tab located at the top of the homepage.  You must then click through the different categories to find the individual plates for sale. If you are wondering which plate you need for

I used a yetter 71 for years. It's a newly manufactured version of these old planters.

Comment

Thats for row crops.

Comment

If you can get it to work they work great. You have to prepare the seed bed first however. But if you do you will use a fraction of the seed and I mean a fraction. Also you get way superior germination rates. I use a Milo/Sorghum sized plate as milo is the largest thing I usually plant. Then I mix in clover and brassicas and it works with the same plate. You can leave the planter spacing as is and then just go over the plot a couple of times straddling your previous tire tracks.

Comment

Like mentioned that’s a row planter... not good for grass planting

Used for crops that will be combined

Comment

Working...
                        X