Game carts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game carts

I know hardly anyone uses them in Texas. But I am.in need of one for next season.

Anyone have any suggestions or recommendations?

I like the idea of this double axle one.

Let me know what you use and how you like it.

Thanks

The Hawk Crawler is a good cart. Steer clear of the cheap Sportsmans Guide models,they are more aggravation than they are worth.

Comment

I’ve used games carts on public land. Bigger wheels roll easier over obstacles. Never used a 4 wheel cart but doubt it would work better than 2 wheels.

Comment

I ended up buying one to use in Kansas on walk in areas. Worked really well and speeds up recovery of whole deer in one trip. Started using it in Texas on WMA where they want to weigh the animal. With two people, you can haul any size animal. I ended up getting an Ameristep from WalMart with free shipping. I ended up replacing the quick clips with bolts and locking nuts

Comment

Brother-in-law made his own. Used motorcycle wheel in the middle and handles on both sides. I think there is an old thread on here with pics. We have pushed deer several miles with it. You can use it with one person or two.
          The wheel in the middle makes it easy to roll over stuff. It kind of balances like a wheel barrow.

Comment

I use a wheel barrow with the large solid rubber tire, works perfect.
            Put the Deer in, use tie down straps and get to pushing!!

Comment

The only one to have in my opinion!

Comment

Get the Hawk Crawler. Its a little difficult to use in tight areas but overall the best one out there.

Comment

I have an aluminum one that folds up and has backpack straps, was great getting it way back at Amistad I appreciated the backpack straps big time. It worked great getting animals out on the flatter areas but huge PITA over the rocky canyons and such, which at the time was mostly what I hunted so I usually just ended up quartering everything and packing out meat sacks. For normal Texas terrain I'd think it would work fantastically, but if you end up further West in the rocks and canyons you may be better off with a cheap pack frame for meat sacks.

Comment

Ditto on the bigger wheels... it saved my bacon this year hauling out a big pig and gear off public land.

Comment

This is one I made a couple yrs ago. Take wheels off, (hitch pins) use 1,2 or three sections to 18 ft. Sections are 6 ft. Foot rest folds flat for loading. Takes about 5 min or less to set up.
                      Attached Files

Comment

The one you posted is “the cat’s meow “!!!

Once you use one, you won’t own anything elae

Comment

I’d rather drag one as use the traditional style... unless your just going down a flat dry smooth road

Comment

To save room in the boat I took out the 4 wheel style and put the regular style in the boat. Then had to load this horse out maybe 200 yards with GOOD help... looking back on that night I’d rather swam beside the boat and took the 4 wheel kart. It was a nightmare and the last I’ll use one
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X