Texas Big Game Awards entry deadline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas Big Game Awards entry deadline

Looking at the website for Texas Big Game Awards, looks like entries for last season must be postmarked by March 1, 2020. Since that is this Sunday, tomorrow will be the last day to mail and postmark an entry. For
    First Big Game Harvest or Youth Division (under 17 when license purchased), there is a form you can download and print. No scoring is done for those forms.
    Scored entries must have a certified Boone and Crockett scorer score the buck, and the hunter then completes the rest of the entry form the scorer provides, and mails it in to the address stated on the form.

There are eight regions and different qualification requirements depending on species. The rules are stated in the website, as well as photos from different regions for entries from this year and previous years. I have never been to one of there awards dinners, but I think it would be fun.

Correct, Marsh 1st deadline. Go to a banquet if you get a chance, they are fun to attend.

Comment

Yep. I’m entered

Comment

Anyone in the Leander area that can score my daughters deer today? Not bad for Hill Country youth crossbow.

Wish I would have thought about it sooner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice deer, congrats to her! If you cant find someone to score, you can always enter her in the youth division which is unscored. Link to form is here:

Comment

Good reminder. I tried to enter my buck last year. Our biologist is... difficult to put it nicely. He kept putting me off on scoring until the deadline passed. I was pretty upset, and he would have been the biggest from my county entered.

The buck I killed this year is close, but I haven't been inclined to score him and see.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the reminder. I just text the guy that is supposed to score mine. He said I'm good, but we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                Good reminder. I tried to enter my buck last year. Our biologist is... difficult to put it nicely. He kept putting me off on scoring until the deadline passed. I was pretty upset, and he would have been the biggest from my county entered.

The buck I killed this year is close, but I haven't been inclined to score him and see.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                Next time go to the TBGA website and find the list of official scorers... or just call me and we’ll figure out a way to get your deer scored

Comment

There’s no way I’ll get to an official scorer this weekend but wishing I would have done it earlier. Took my best deer ever thus past season, 167” 10 w/ kickers.

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
                    Next time go to the TBGA website and find the list of official scorers... or just call me and we’ll figure out a way to get your deer scored
                    I contacted an official scorer on 11/26. He still hasn't gone to the taxi and scored mine. He says he's going to do it tomorrow. I know things happen, but it's been 3 months. Granted, I forgot about it too.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunterhelm View Post
                      Anyone in the Leander area that can score my daughters deer today? Not bad for Hill Country youth crossbow.

Wish I would have thought about it sooner.

Pm sent

Comment

My buck crept in by 2/8 of an inch

Comment

I know it is too late to connect, but for anyone in my area, I am a scorer for TBGA. Whether you put it in the competition or not, I love scoring the animals.

Comment

Working...
                          X