No announcement yet.

Crockett TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duran's Italian restaurant or Whataburger, all of the Mexican places are very suspect!
    Grits

Comment

Wait........what?

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
      Mex food right across from Wal-Mart. Not the tatas by Wal-Mart. The one across the loop.
      There is a Tatas store in Crockett near the Wal-Mart? Must investigate!!

Comment

Originally posted by Grits View Post
        Duran's Italian restaurant or Whataburger, all of the Mexican places are very suspect!
        Grits

Na, the one mentioned across the loop from Walmart is legit.

Comment

The one that used to be the wooden nickle was pretty good back 6 or 7 years ago, then turned bad all of a sudden. Haven't been back since.

Comment

Have to disagree with you Mr. Boswell on that. The last time I tried to eat there it was like trying to chew rubber chicken and very tasteless, chicken quesidillas, they were terrible! I would rather eat at Taco Bell than any of the Mexican restaurants in townn.

Comment

Have to disagree with you Mr. Boswell on that. The last time I tried to eat there it was like trying to chew rubber chicken and very tasteless, chicken quesidillas, they were terrible! I would rather eat at Taco Bell than any of the Mexican restaurants in townn.

Fair enough, I usually have fajitas or taco alcarbon and it’s always been good

Comment

Grits
                My daughter at one time worked at the Duran’s in Centerville (same owners as the one in Crockett). They didn’t have tongs for the salad, so they used their hands... I haven’t eaten there since. And yes, I thought it was good before that tidbit of information.

I don’t won’t to ruin any restaurant experience, but....
                I have never worked in any restaurant that I would say had a clean kitchen.
                If you have a favorite place to go, by all means never go to the kitchen.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                  My daughter at one time worked at the Duran’s in Centerville (same owners as the one in Crockett). They didn’t have tongs for the salad, so they used their hands... I haven’t eaten there since. And yes, I thought it was good before that tidbit of information.

I don’t won’t to ruin any restaurant experience, but....
                  I have never worked in any restaurant that I would say had a clean kitchen.
                  If you have a favorite place to go, by all means never go to the kitchen.
                  That is probably more true than we really know!
                  Grits

Comment

I actually think Tata's Nachos are some of the best i've eaten in the entire state...

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                      Larry Bruce Gardens in Kennard.

End thread
                      Yelp tells me its good but I cant find the menu anywhere. Looks good though.

Comment

Originally posted by jlp04c View Post
                        I actually think Tata's Nachos are some of the best i've eaten in the entire state...
                        I've eaten there once. Either I was extremely hungry or the food was at least decent because I cleaned my plate and actually enjoyed it. I'd be afraid to see the kitchen though. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by jlp04c View Post
                          WELL...I like tatas and nachos...so, Ill let you know how it goes.

Comment

I worked in Crockett for a couple years about 7 years ago and my go to restaurant at the time for dinner was Tchoupitoulas, right off the square. I had heard it had possibly closed, any idea if it is still open? They had a great steak and great atmosphere.

Comment

Crockett Seafood, Poboy and sweet tea every time I am in the area

Comment

Working...
                              X