Bow needs strings HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow needs strings HELP

Looking for recommendations and roughly what it will run to have a Mathews heli-m restrung? Never had to have new strings put on a bow. Yes I will be calling CCR when they are open tomorrow just looking for a rough estimate from the green screen

I had mine restrung at bow zone Saturday. 115 for just what matthews put on it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

DO NOT GET ZEBRA STRINGS. Lol. I’ve had two Mathews and both have had issues with string stretch. Zebras are lower tier strings. You’re way better off getting an after market string. There is a guy that owns catfish custom strings and he builds great strings. Uses x99 material. I have a set on both Mathews. Made both bows quieter than factory strings. Comes with a one year warranty against peep rotation, stretch, and serving issues. For a helium, the strings and cables will run you around $70. Then what ever the fee is to put them on at your bow shop. His turn around time is about a week. Another great company is Gas strings. Just got in a set for my Hoyt. Putting them on tomorrow. They look great in the package. Will see how they do tomorrow after install.

The positive of after market strings by reputable makers is the strings are pre stretched. Put them on, shoot 15-20 times, then tune and sight in. They won’t move after that until they need to be replaced. You don’t need to shoot 200-300 shots to “break them in”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Look at 60X or ABB

Comment

I paid 120 at Triple Edge in dayton a few weeks ago....not close to you but it’s a price

Comment

60x!

Comment

Zebra should run 100 to 110
              GAS should run 125, if the shop carries them.
              They may use another company.. 60x is another.

I would stay away from Zebra & Winners choice. Decent factory strings but there are some awesome aftermarket companys.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Do not go with the mass produced strings...

Go custom and don't look back.
                Catfish customs
                Twisted x
                Gas
                Buckslayer
                .....and many more, search function on archerytalk.

Comment

60x is great bang for your buck. You can get X or 99 compound in custom colors and a 1yr warranty on peep rotation and serving separation. Brad is a site sponsor and does great work. I’m a dealer and have never had a warranty claim, just an awesome product!

Comment

Call Gateway Archery and ask for Jim or Cody. You will wish you had done it sooner! BEST customer service! Tell them Bowmater sent you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I bought 60X strings for my Heli-M, made to spec. I am pleased with the performance.

Comment

Will 60x install the speed nocks? At one time they quit doing it for liability reasons.

Comment

I think I paid $125 for GAS strings the other day at West Houston.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                            Will 60x install the speed nocks? At one time they quit doing it for liability reasons.

I recently put 60x strings on with speed nocks.

Comment

Hogwire custom strings. Depending on the bow 95-130 bucks. Some of the best strings out there.

Comment

Working...
                              X