No announcement yet.

San Antonio Theft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry about all that. I would love to be hiding in truck and have the sob open the door.

Comment

Thats why I drive a dodge...… thieves feel sorry for me and walk on by.

Comment

Originally posted by sharpstick35 View Post
        with cooler weather you could have someone sit in the back seat of the truck at BPS with a baseball bat and start breaking hands. no cops involved, just break them and drive off.
        Beat me to it

Comment

I had the same exact thing happen at sea world in SA three years ago! We payed for the preferred parking and all to get up close to the entry and we were literally three parking spots away from a manned security guard shack in broad daylight. We spent the day in the park and were headed to the ranch in Uvalde after so I had a rifle completely out of sight in the back of the car, my wallet in the glove box, wife's purse and CC pistol out of sight in the backseat. It was like we were watched loading the car while leaving the hotel that morning because they stole exactly the items I just listed and never disturbed a single other thing. I would bet that the park security is in on this also. When SAPD came out to write a report, the officer told us there were 13 vehicle burglaries in that parking lot the DAY BEFORE! I tried every phone number and email I could find for Sea World to make a complaint for not being notified of the high likelihood of getting broken into in THEIR parking lot and never did I get any more than a half assed apology. My wife and I were actually discussing getting season passes while walking to the car that day. Sea World can kiss both cheeks as far as I'm concerned! I also wonder how is it that SAPD didn't have a deputy assigned to watch that lot after having 13 burglaries the day prior? This is absolutely organized crime!

Comment

Originally posted by gander View Post
            I have a cousin and a couple other close friends that live in San Antonio and all happen to drive Ford trucks. In the past year they have had their trucks broken into close to 10 times. One of them has had his Raptor broken into 4-5 times in 4 months. It has gotten crazy there.

I wonder, does Laredo, Del Rio, or El Paso have these same issues with trucks being broken into or stolen? You would figure those cities would be even worse being the vicinity they are to Mexico?

Del Rio is not like that at all. Not sure about the other two cities mentioned. The issue is the theives that want to make a quick buck in SA live there and steal trucks that are both easy to brake into and easy to sell. It just so happens some of those trucks end up in Mexico.
            Last edited by Pedernal; 10-26-2021, 08:39 AM.

Comment

This happened to me a couple years ago, so I had the door handle and lock replaced with a rear door handle so they can't do that any longer. I just have to hope the battery doesn't die or I won't be able to open the door with the remote

Comment

Oughta be an automatic hanging offense, just like stealing a horse in the old west. This crap would stop after a few corpses were left off a light pole. Too many crybabies nowadays saying nothing is worth a human life. I would hang them next to the thief.

Comment

with cooler weather you could have someone sit in the back seat of the truck at BPS with a baseball bat and start breaking hands. no cops involved, just break them and drive off.
                  You’re too nice.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrail18 View Post
                    I had the same exact thing happen at sea world in SA three years ago! We payed for the preferred parking and all to get up close to the entry and we were literally three parking spots away from a manned security guard shack in broad daylight. We spent the day in the park and were headed to the ranch in Uvalde after so I had a rifle completely out of sight in the back of the car, my wallet in the glove box, wife's purse and CC pistol out of sight in the backseat. It was like we were watched loading the car while leaving the hotel that morning because they stole exactly the items I just listed and never disturbed a single other thing. I would bet that the park security is in on this also. When SAPD came out to write a report, the officer told us there were 13 vehicle burglaries in that parking lot the DAY BEFORE! I tried every phone number and email I could find for Sea World to make a complaint for not being notified of the high likelihood of getting broken into in THEIR parking lot and never did I get any more than a half assed apology. My wife and I were actually discussing getting season passes while walking to the car that day. Sea World can kiss both cheeks as far as I'm concerned! I also wonder how is it that SAPD didn't have a deputy assigned to watch that lot after having 13 burglaries the day prior? This is absolutely organized crime!
                    If any of you have had your vehicle broken into or stolen at Seaworld SA, shoot me a PM please.

Comment

To heck with that! They'd be looking down the barrel of my .45!

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                        To heck with that! They'd be looking down the barrel of my .45!
                        while I agree and would want to do the same, if you shoot them it will cause a big " hoo haa" that you wouldn't want to be wrapped up in. If you detain them for the cops then they will get a slap on the wrist and be thieving again the next day. If you crush their hands and leave, what can they do? snitch on themselves at the ER about breaking into cars. And its hard to use a screwdriver when you can't close your fist.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                          Yep, not that hard.
                          They just don't want to catch them. I mean why would they as they can't do anything to them if they do catch them.

We need to vote for a new law where car thieves get a bullet.
                          You misspelled "all thieves".

Comment

It’s almost comical what the SAPD does about the plague of theft on the north side, they give you a website and 1-800 # to call and file a report
                            Yet they have lots of different stings on prostitution and porch pirate, ect on the news, Harris co and Bexar co are a joke on property crime

Comment

San Antonio is a den of thieves. Only time I have ever been broken into or truck stolen was in SA. Three times while visiting.

Comment

I just returned from a couple of days in San Antonio and rather than drive one of the newer F-150's took my 2005 Ranger. They can break into it in 2 seconds but may not be as valuable on the Mexican market. It worked, no theft or break in this time.
                                Adios,
                                Gary

Comment

Working...
                                X