Sugar withdrawals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sugar withdrawals

Day 5 of restarting my engine. Dropped 90 pounds in 2019 by going all natural with my diet as an experiment. Tried intermittent fasting, experienced crazy keto energy rushes, all that good stuff. Parlayed that into a maniac triathlon workout regimen and did a few races.

Then covid, then a running injury, then gained 30 pounds here and there. Tried to keep things in check but we all know how it is.

But finally! After starts and stops I am back on the wagon. I can tell I am because mentally I’ve overcome the temptation again. But now my body is mounting a counterattack. It wants sugar and it is ******! Mentally I’m fine, not craving the sugar at all, but it’s a weird feeling. It’s withdrawals again. No matter what I eat or how much it isn’t what my body wants so it continues reminding me. I really just need to get through this weekend and it will quiet down.

Gonna be awesome. Skinny *** days are returning.

Good luck.

Comment

Congrats, bud. Keep it up! One day at a time.

Comment

Stick with it Brother! Get that stuff out of your home so you won’t be tempted! I think it took me 10 days to get rid of the cravings and the weight fell off rapidly! I feel much better too!

Comment

Hear your pain, brother. Started he Roger Raglin diet on August 8th. Down 35lbs. Been eating sugar free jello and jello pudding to curb the sweet tooth cravings. Yummy.

Comment

Good luck!

Monk fruit is a good sugar substitute FWIW.

Comment

Good luck. I've had starts and stops, starts and stops.

Hope you conquer it.

Comment

Sugar withdrawals....its a real thing!

Comment

Thanks all, and yes like Bucknaked said once you get off the sugar cravings the weight really comes off quickly. Partly because your appetite will balance with your energy level and not with a mental reward of instant gratification. I think I probably have another 7-10 days then it should begin dropping again.

Comment

I'm trying to kick sugar as well.
                    Ain't doing so well [emoji17].
                    Blue Bell & Pumpkin Spice Blizzards are so yummy and delicious [emoji3064][emoji20]

Comment

Pound the **** out of water and glad your back on the right track!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

I kicked it. Much like everything else ..when youve stopped eating something for a long time and you try it again....you realize how overpoweringly sweet everything is. (same as salt discussion.)

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                          I kicked it. Much like everything else ..when youve stopped eating something for a long time and you try it again....you realize how overpoweringly sweet everything is. (same as salt discussion.)
                          This so true.

Comment

I started my no sugar regimen and began weight training on Aug 3 at 213 lbs. Yesterday, I weighed 212. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......

Comment

I hit a pint of blue bell coconut cream pie on the way to the lease today.

I’m calling it a cheat meal.

Man was it good.
                              Almost as good as “warm apple pie”.

Almost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X