Crossbow recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crossbow recommendations

My wife has decided to take some interest in bowhunting. Figured I may start her on a crossbow. Any recommendations? I have bowhunted 20+ years but have zero experience with crossbows. TIA

Excalibur. I have owned various brands. Excalibur has been the best.

Comment

Best bang for buck in my opinion is the sniper 370. My wife has one and my son and both have killed numerous hogs and deer with them. Great crossbows for under $300 and shoot lights out.

Comment

After numerous shoulder surgeries I could no longer shoot my bow. I gave it away in May. My wife bought me a Tenpoint Viper 400 with the Accuslide crank. It's awesome !

It's so easy to cock and de-cock that my 10 year old grandson does it by himself. If you let the crank go it will not spin back and hit you like the earlier versions.

Would be easy for your wife to cock by herself. Just my 2 cents.
        Hope that you and your wife enjoy the time together.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
          Best bang for buck in my opinion is the sniper 370. My wife has one and my son and both have killed numerous hogs and deer with them. Great crossbows for under $300 and shoot lights out.
          x2
          Spend about $80 on a trigger job, some good bolts (Black Eagle Archery) and have an xbow that will shoot better than most people can shoot.

Comment

Coming from someone who isn't a fan of crossbows, get a Ravin if you are going to get one.

Had a couple buddies get crossbows this year and they had no experience so I sighted them in. A Ravin and a Tenpoint. The Ravin was head and shoulders above the Tenpoint.

Comment

Originally posted by T-roy66 View Post
              x2
              Spend about $80 on a trigger job, some good bolts (Black Eagle Archery) and have an xbow that will shoot better than most people can shoot.
              Definitely upgrade the bolts. These are great and so are the carbon express pile driver bolts.

Comment

Ravin or Mission

Mission is owned by Mathews so the warranty is lifetime vs the 5 yr warranty on the Ravin

Comment

X2 on the sniper 370. Shoots lights out and won't break the bank. My daughter (hogslayer78's) wife is deadly with it. Grandson shoots one also.

Comment

Go with the Centerpoint Sniper Elite

Each CenterPoint crossbow offers superb value and cutting-edge features at a competitive price. Get your recurve or compound crossbow from CenterPoint Archery.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                      Did you upgrade the scopes?

Comment

Ravin

Comment

I would love to have a ravin but they are pretty pricey. I have a ten point turbo m1 with the accu draw system and I love it. I’ve shot a pile of deer and hogs with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigcoyote View Post
                            Did you upgrade the scopes?
                            No sir, they both shoot well enough with what came with it. These are 30 yrd groups from both crossbows with factory bolts and scopes before I switched them to pile drivers
                            Attached Files

Comment

Good luck finding one.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X