No announcement yet.

Freestone County Plots/Trees and more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is one of two Kiefer Pears I planted a few years back 4 or 5 years ago I think. Very hardy Pear, both around 10' to 12'. I believe they were 4' when I planted.
    Attached Files

Comment

Went out looking for sheds this past weekend and also to work on trails that lead to my food plot and feed pen. Haven't done this in awhile and they needed some work. The trail with moss was not a trail before, I cut out some trash trees and briars etc... because it was the perfect spot to have them come in and keep them downwind of my stand. As you can see they wear it out.

I have two trails that lead in from the west and two from the south and got them all cleared out to give the deer a path of least resistance.
      Attached Files

Comment

Went through a card I somehow never looked at and found some old treasure. This is a picture of the big 6 I shot the year before I shot him, g2 actually a little longer I believe.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by J&M Hamilton10; 03-19-2019, 08:40 PM.

Comment

pen doing it's job
          Attached Files

Comment

So your just piling corn up in a feed pen, no feeders at all?

I have tried to do this but keeping feed out consistent is tough sometimes.
            I have thought about trying to hang a 30g feeder off a large tree with a hand winch just to get it high and out of sight.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post

I have thought about trying to hang a 30g feeder off a large tree with a hand winch just to get it high and out of sight.
              i actually hunt down the road from J&M, not exactly sure where his place is but i know i'm within miles. I can tell you the best way to get mature bucks to come to a feeder is exactly as you stated, find a bit oak and a solid limb and winch the feeder as high out of the line of sight as possible. Otherwise, best bet is a free choice protein / corn feeder. That's my experience.

Comment

great thread. looking forward to following

Comment

It works well for me because my dad can keep the pile consistent.

Comment

I hand corn a lot just never set up a pen for hand corn. Still new to hunting the eastern TX areas in Navarro and with all the rain this yr in my second yr I know the activity was not the norm so still trying to figure out a consistent system for my deer.

Comment

Trophy Rock is out and ready for some summer velvet pics, stay tuned.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Interested in seeing what’s running around

Comment

Interested in seeing what’s running around
                          Really hoping to see that buck with the split g2’s

Comment

Bur Oak grown from acorn this year. Have 5 and this is by far my best one.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Have two buckets of persimmon trees. I basically soaked the seeds in water for a few days and then cleaned and chilled them this past winter, and this spring put them in a 3gal container. Germination rate was pretty decent around 50%. This fall I will break them up and put them in 3gal containers.
                              Attached Files

Comment

This Red Oak, along with the one next to it are a few years old. They were in my aunt's flower bed underneath some larger trees. After digging up in February and potting them they really took off.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X