Clear All

Originally posted by Fightinaggies View Post
    Based off your license plate from when you get your inspection
    Nope, comes complete with a picture of your VIN

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
      Nope, comes complete with a picture of your VIN
      And where does the picture come from?

I've never provided a picture of my VIN when getting a toll tag.

Surely auto makers aren't taking pics of VINs during assembly

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

Good question? Twice I have sold trucks and personally took the
        License plates off and then later gotten billed by toll road company, and UT police for parking lot fines
        The new owners never registered them

I know the check stations on 77 , 281 , 35 south bound have scanners to check out how much $$$ your vehicle is carrying

Comment

You can give the vehicle vin or plate to O'reillys and they can pull up all driveline and trim info to order parts for said vehicle.

Doesn't surprise me toll folks have access to it too. Whole market of just selling our info to companies.

Comment

Originally posted by sharpstick35 View Post
            with cooler weather you could have someone sit in the back seat of the truck at BPS with a baseball bat and start breaking hands. no cops involved, just break them and drive off.
            A guy did that. He waited with a gun. Killed a car burglar. Went to prison for murder.

Comment

A teen thug can shoot up a school and be treated as a victim,a citizen being stolen from is the criminal.It's shameful that we live in a time when a man can't defend his property.

Comment

San Antonio is infested with auto break ins and theft. It’s a known issue and no one seems to want to solve the problem. I have been avoiding the San Antonio area because of this issue. Three times this year I have had friends vehicles broken into and all were just passing through.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                  You would think that they would have an automated system checking plates at the border, but I guess that's too much to ask.
                  We do but bad guys change the plates prior to crossing outbound. Or before they take off down 35 S.

Comment

Originally posted by 88 Bound View Post
                    It's not all of SA, just certain areas.
                    Its the entire shathole city.

Comment

I have a Ravelco on my 14 f250. Got it after they snatched my son’s 99 last April.

Comment

Seems that for $30+ dollars to park, SeaWorld should accept some liability.

Comment

Originally posted by spread5150 View Post
                          A guy did that. He waited with a gun. Killed a car burglar. Went to prison for murder.
                          that guy had a crappy lawyer

Comment

Jimmi Jammers will make it a little more difficult to break in the door on the F250s. They won't prevent a broken window though. I have them installed, live in San Antonio, and haven't had a break in yet (fingers crossed).

Comment

Don't be surprised if the security guards are in on the theft ring. They have already proven that to be the case once before with all the thefts in the Bass Pro Parking lot. Sorry to hear about your in laws truck. If I have to go there with my own truck I always have someone stay with the truck. I am not very trusting and really can't afford to replace it.

What kills me is this has been going on in that area for 10+ years and would be pretty easy to catch them with a sting operation, but they don't seem to care about the problem. You would think that the company that owns the property would be liable since they know it is an issue but don't do anything to help curb the problem. Sad world we live in now a days.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

The picture is taken when you go through the toll scanner. In case you haven't noticed, VINs now come complete with bar codes. Meter maids just use a hand scanner on your VIN that then prints the ticket.

Comment

Working...
                                X