BLR Trigger job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BLR Trigger job

I have about. 20 year old Browning lever action 270.It’s a beautiful tight shooting gun but it has a 6 pound trigger and is not a good long range shooter.I’ve had a guy polish up what’s there but it’s still heavy.Does any one know some one who knows how to work on these triggers.

Probably needs a lighter trigger spring. I know next to nothing about a Browning lever action but my bolt action had an atrocious trigger when I bought it. A lighter trigger spring fixed that !

Comment

Took one to an experienced gunsmith last year and he wouldn’t mess with it. He said just learn to shoot it. I guess he had a less than ideal experience with one in the past. He kept the BL-22 and still has it over a year later. Triggers not even that bad just figured if it could be better why not. I love the BLRs but the triggers have always sucked and still do.

Comment

BLR and good trigger? Unfortunately that ain’t happening.

Comment

Sounds like my Winchester model 88, love the rifle but hate the trigger.

Comment

Thanks for y’all’s input.It’s a great gun no problem 100 yds or less but it’s a little cumbersome to be consistent on longer shots especially without a good rest.My dad gave it to me so I have to keep it.But now I’m thinking he knew what he was doing by giving it to me,he’s competitive that way.Before I had it worked on I’d swear it was 8 or 9 pounds of pull .The guy that did the work said he never wanted to see another BLR again.

Comment

I had a couple of them and tried to like them. Just couldn’t make it happen. Nice guns but hard to shoot well.

Comment

I did a lot of searching and found a guy who’s talked about a lot online regarding BLR triggers. His name was Neil Jones and he’s in Pennsylvania (I think this is him https://www.neiljones.com/).

I sent mine in to him years ago and I’m happy that I did. He did a great job and it’s quite a bit lighter. I don’t know how light it is, but I’m plenty satisfied with it.

As mentioned above, I haven’t found a single other smith that would even touch it.

Comment

99% of gunsmiths won't touch them. i have heard the guy in PA does a good job, he's the only one I've heard of that does them. Beware of amateur jobs. Bought one 25 years ago with a good trigger on it. Later I discovered if you pull the trigger with the hammer at half cock the hammer would drop. Turned out to be an adjustment on a screw someone had tweaked. The Field Service Manual is available online and is good to have.

Comment

Working...
                  X