Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

I Got Scammed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry that happened to you. Hate crooks! Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
      Somebody sure spent some money on that web page. It sure looks like a legit company.

Just curious, how are you sure you got scammed? How long ago did you purchase the ammo and what has happened since?
      It was a week or two ago but went totally silent after payment sent despite a dozen emails. Then I googled them and others are saying similar.

Comment

Thanks! Darn the prices. Maybe I should stick to another caliber this year.

Comment

If Zelle, Venmo and Cash App are they only payment options......good indicator it's a scam

Comment

I ran into several sites like this when searching for H1000

Comment

Originally posted by Burwabit View Post
              It was a week or two ago but went totally silent after payment sent despite a dozen emails. Then I googled them and others are saying similar.
              Ok. I would guess you are correct. I have found multiple other companies online that also claim to have products they most likely don't have, but their website says they do. I am leery of those companies and have not purchased from the, knowing nobody else in the country has the products they claim to have. From what I have read, those companies seem to be real companies, that will take your money and sit on it, until someday in the future, they do actually get the product you paid for in and then ship it. Or that seems to be the case. Knowing it will likely be a year till those companies get products in, I am not giving them money for some product, they don't have.

I have bought bullets off of multiple companies lately that I have never heard of previously. Some of those deals had me worried that I had just paid someone, for something I was not going to receive anytime soon, if at all. So far, every product I have ordered has showed up, in a reasonable amount of time.
              The only one I am worried about right now, is a company I bought some bullet coating from, last night. When I completed the transaction, it popped up some odd page with a option to cancel the order. So far, I have not received any notice through my email, that they received my order. And then no charge from them on my credit card. Then the item I tried to purchase, is still showing up in the basket for that company, like I never finished the order. So I tried to complete the order and it says, there is already a order for that item. That company is a bit different, not sure what to think about them at this point.

Maybe eventually you will get what you paid for, but there's a good chance you won't.

Comment

Sorry that happened to you. They showed 444 Marlin ammo in stock and I thought about it a week or so ago but just did not have a good feeling about them. Put it in the cart but then could not pull the trigger and moved on and glad I did. Sucks there are frauds out there like this and again, sorry you got scammed.

Comment

Sorry you got scammed. Plenty of fly by night businesses out there now with how easy it is to make a website. No better than common thieves. Gotta remember the saying: If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                    If Zelle, Venmo and Cash App are they only payment options......good indicator it's a scam
                    Exactly!! This was my first thought, as well.
                    A credit card will usually offer you some (if not full) protection.

Sorry you got scammed, OP.
                    Last edited by HeyMikey; 10-20-2021, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Burwabit View Post
                      I needed some 270 Win ammo, and these guys took my money. They are not a legit business even though the website is pretty well done.

They want payment by Zelle, which I sent via Wells Fargo online banking so I thought it would be safe. Turns out there is no protection with Zelle and it's like sending cash (similar to PayPal Friends and Family).

Had the same situation in a roundabout way happen to me..Sorry to hear that bud, but lesson learned for both of us on the Zelle and No protection end.

Comment

Sorry you had this happen, thanks for letting us know.

Comment

Man I hate that for you. Do you need them for this coming season? What grain bullet? I have some I can spare if you can’t find any.

Comment

Don’t feel too bad, it happened to me too. I fell for a fake online gun store called Gunners House. Thought I’d found a source for some primers and powder. Got me for 147 dollars. After numerous emails and no response I filed a complaint with PayPal but they didn’t get anything done. Fortunately for me, my account is tied to a credit card so I was able to file a fraud charge and got reimbursed.
                            Forget the mistake and learn the lesson. I now thoroughly check out the websites before doing business with them and then do a search on line for others who have dealt with them.
                            First warning sign is they only take PayPal, Venmo or something similar. The wording on their sites look like it was written by a foreigner who doesn’t have a good grasp of the English language. Words are misspelled.
                            It’s a good thing I don’t know how to find these people. Kneecapping them with a 12 gauge would be too kind.
                            Last edited by Geezy Rider; 10-20-2021, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Looking at the site, one their “expert” trainers has the same photo as one of the people who “made a review”

Comment

Working...
                              X