No announcement yet.

Isla Mujeres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We went in July and swam with the Whale Sharks, great experience.

Comment

Get a golf cart and get to exploring. Well worth a day trip in my opinion. Some really cool little bars to stop in at and have a beer or margarita. The north side is beautiful as mentioned here already.

Comment

I recommend staying on the island, that is what we do. My carry on when flying there is a yeti flip, you get there and fill it up with cheap beer and spend the weekend cruising around on your rented golf cart and refilling the yeti. The place we stay is Casa De La Suenos.

Comment

Isla is WAY better than Cancun.

It's worth more than just a day trip IMO

Comment

If you rent a golf cart be careful! The taxi drivers will run you down and won't stop lol

Comment

I know a fishing guide in cancun / isla if you wanna fish.

Comment

Cafe mogagua had good brunch on isla aswell.

Comment

We fished with Keen M and had one of the best blue water days I've had. Multiple sails, a white marlin, and tuna. Had it prepared at the cabana right by the boats. Best meal of the trip. We were there in April.

Comment

I've been thinking about a trip here for some R&R as well as taking my 14 year old fishing.

Are there direct flights to the island?

Comment

Originally posted by DamonJ View Post
                      I've been thinking about a trip here for some R&R as well as taking my 14 year old fishing.

Are there direct flights to the island?
                      Cancun Mx is the airport, then you hop on a ferry, I recommend the local ferry, not the tourist ferry

Comment

Originally posted by ballgame View Post
                        Isla is WAY better than Cancun.

It's worth more than just a day trip IMO
                        This. There are a lot of awesome places on the Rivierra and the Peninsula in general. Get out of Cancun.

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post
                          Is it worth the day trip?

If so, what’s the best way to explore? Any can’t miss spots?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                          Couple of summers ago we went whale shark snorkeling a few miles offshore. One of the coolest things I have ever done and I have done some things.

Comment

Went last summer and really enjoyed it. Stayed at Priviledge and had a ball. 5 star all inclusive. Took the boys sail fishing and ripped them. They say in April its not uncommon to catch 50+ sails a day. Great trip

Comment

My brother goes twice a year. They love it! Me... I don’t do Mexico...

Comment

Funny story....

20 years ago. My best friend and I were given a 7 day vacation to Cancun after HS graduation. One of the day trips we took was to the island. Of "women" 18 year olds are dumb.... well we saw the statues of women. Went to the turtle farm. Saw a dolphin perform. Drank. ALOT. Almost died on a golf cart. Drank some more. The next youngest people on the tour were 40s plus. I am sure now I would appreciate it more. We really believed we were going to and island full of women....

Comment

Working...
                                X