Apparently you cant brandish a weapon in your own yard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
    So.... why did the police comply with orders to do this? No one said no? I've been told forever this just wouldn't happen. Just did, no resistance.
    Yep.....that's the biggest issue about the whole deal.

Comment

So.... why did the police comply with orders to do this? No one said no? I've been told forever this just wouldn't happen. Just did, no resistance.
      Here on TBH - I bet it's in 100's of threads. But we are seeing the opposite with our own eyes.

Not only that but where is everyone else that should be defending these people? Media just keeping them from being heard?

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
      I see it a bit different but had they shot someone for simply being on their property even coming through a secured gate I feel like they would be charged with murder.
      Originally posted by deerdynasty View Post
      i really hope it doesnt happen but if some thugs went and robbed this couple now AFTER they took his gun it would be awesome. the best FU ever to the dems...
      I was thinking these same two things earlier today.

Comment

It wasn’t an order from the DA, police Chief or mayor. Such orders are not lawful.

It wasn't a civil red flag law.

It is an accusation of a crime and the police had a search warrant signed by judge. I am actually surprised it took so long.

For example, I have been to scenes where deadly force was used in self defense. It looked like a justified use of force to kill someone however, we completed the investigation like any other. Even though a homeowner was not arrested, the firearm was seized just like in any other homicide. Once the DA reviewed the case and the grand jury didn’t take action, the gun was returned. I have seen it several times. This wasn’t a shooting but I believe there is a criminal complaint that guns were pointed without a lawful reason.

A criminal investigation doesn’t end just because a suspect says... I think I was justified. Maybe the suspect (s) was but the police investigates doesn’t just disappear.

Like already said, I don’t know MO law and don’t feel like looking it up at this point. But using Texas law as an example, deadly force isn’t allowed for criminal mischief or trespassing.

There are all kinds of what ifs in this case. What if some protesters made death threats and advanced toward the homeowner’s or had deadly weapons of their own while making threats? What if the homeowner never actually pointed at anyone? What if MO law.....

I don’t know but merely investigating a criminal accusation or serving a warrant lawfully issued by a judge doesn’t seem like a stretch of any law. Hopefully the couple will be cleared and get their guns back.

I would break the rules of this forum if I called the DA what I think of her.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
          It wasn’t an order from the DA, police Chief or mayor. Such orders are not lawful.

It is an accusation of a crime and the police had a search warrant signed by judge. I am actually surprised it took so long.

For example, I have been to scenes where deadly force was used in self defense. It looked like a justified use of force to kill someone however, we completed the investigation like any other. Even though a homeowner was not arrested, the firearm was seized just like in any other homicide. Once the DA reviewed the case and the grand jury didn’t take action, the gun was returned. I have seen it several times. This wasn’t a shooting but I believe there is a criminal complaint that guns were pointed without a lawful reason.

A criminal investigation doesn’t end just because a suspect says... I think I was justified. Maybe the suspect (s) was but the police investigates doesn’t just disappear.

Like already said, I don’t know MO law and don’t feel like looking it up at this point. But using Texas law as an example, deadly force isn’t allowed for criminal mischief or trespassing.

There are all kinds of what ifs in this case. What if some protesters made death threats and advanced toward the homeowner’s or had deadly weapons of their own while making threats? What if the homeowner never actually pointed at anyone? What if MO law.....

I don’t know but merely investigating a criminal accusation or serving a warrant lawfully issued by a judge doesn’t seem like a stretch of any law. Hopefully the couple will be cleared and get their guns back.

Thanks for bringing some level headedness. I was pretty upset about that but your right, that's pretty normal just the part most people miss even in a good shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            Mike, I don't disagree with you, but fear of life is not as strong an argument for them now that they have been confrontational themselves. Had they hid and picked off a few, they would have been in a stronger position for a fear of life or injury argument in my estimation.

Again, I also do not believe they did anything wrong. Heck, I had an old man get stuck in my driveway last Fall in the dark. I didn't know who it was or what they were up to until I went and checked it out. I was heavily armed just in case, but I didn't use the firearms to intimidate and I did not brandish them, but I did have them and they were hot. My son-in-law was right behind me still in the dark and his were hot too. Turned out to be nothing, but I sure didn't go unprepared.

Charlie there were several people that broke into the gated community. If nothing else disparity of force could apply. So say you hide inside and they start tossing Molotov cocktails, or rush the house or.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Thanks for bringing some level headedness. I was pretty upset about that but your right, that's pretty normal just the part most people miss even in a good shoot.
              Thanks.

The process is fairly routine but I don’t like the way much of this stuff it’s going lately. In normal times I would tend to feel better about it but the word scapegoat comes to mind.

I feel much of the same outrage as everyone else. Seizing a gun on a potential criminal accusation like this case doesn’t seem far-fetched.

What this DA does with it however....

I hope they look at it and say it was totally justified, give him the gun back and case closed. In this political climate, I would not want to be in their shoes however

Comment

The DA won her position with $$$$ support from groups that soros funds behind the scenes...still, I just don't see how anything other than a slap on the wrist will happen even though she would love to set an example.

I bet this couple is currently re-evaluating their priorities on future politics & suspect Mark's practices take a dogleg into other avenues vs the past...eating their own & love it.

Comment

I could have loaded a guy up with lead a few years ago. He came at my truck with a knife and slashed my rear tire. I was pretty scared, but I made the choice to let him trash my truck. Wasn’t gonna shoot him unless he tried to get in my truck, then all bets would have been off.

Immediately reported the incident at the police station. First question the officer asked was if I felt my life was in danger. I said yes, he replied it would have been a good shoot.

The local DA didn’t even want to mess with pressing charges for property damage...

Luckily, the tire that was slashed, needed replacing anyways...so fu tire tire slasher guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
                    I could have loaded a guy up with lead a few years ago. He came at my truck with a knife and slashed my rear tire. I was pretty scared, but I made the choice to let him trash my truck. Wasn’t gonna shoot him unless he tried to get in my truck, then all bets would have been off.

Immediately reported the incident at the police station. First question the officer asked was if I felt my life was in danger. I said yes, he replied it would have been a good shoot.

The local DA didn’t even want to mess with pressing charges for property damage...

Luckily, the tire that was slashed, needed replacing anyways...so fu tire tire slasher guy.
                    This is the problem. It shouldn't be a political point. It shouldn't matter if the guy you shoot is white, black, brown, or purple. It's BS when IF the DA is liberal you will be drug through the mud at a minimum. Laws shouldn't bend depending on the political views of people around you.

TVC - So is it against the law in Texas to aim a gun at someone trespassing on our property?

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post

What crime exactly was committed? Nobody was shot, I don’t believe any shot was fired. They pointed weapons at people acting in an aggressive manner on their property.

Furthermore, where in the h3ll are the warrants for the trespass and destruction of property?

Comment

Originally posted by deerdynasty View Post
                        i really hope it doesnt happen but if some thugs went and robbed this couple now AFTER they took his gun it would be awesome. the best FU ever to the dems...
                        I'm betting that isn't his only gun or he went to buy more. He is not unarmed at this moment.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                          This is the problem. It shouldn't be a political point. It shouldn't matter if the guy you shoot is white, black, brown, or purple. It's BS when IF the DA is liberal you will be drug through the mud at a minimum. Laws shouldn't bend depending on the political views of people around you.

TVC - So is it against the law in Texas to aim a gun at someone trespassing on our property?
                          In my opinion, yes. It is Deadly Conduct is no threat is made.

The Penal Code says that you can use force but not deadly force for trespassing.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                            What crime exactly was committed? Nobody was shot, I don’t believe any shot was fired. They pointed weapons at people acting in an aggressive manner on their property.

Furthermore, where in the h3ll are the warrants for the trespass and destruction of property?
                            Absolutely!
                            Dozens of people crash through your gate, yell they are going to assault you and you can’t point a gun of the offenders? Stupid as hell

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post

Pointing guns at people is a crime unless there’s justification.

I know that you are just using your words but what is an “aggressive manner” and does whatever that is justify the threat of deadly force?

Even under Texas law, you can always be brought to trial for any use of force and the burden is on you at trial to claim that defense. Now... if the DA knows that the use of force is lawful, he isn’t going to waste his time but he isn’t obligated at that point.

I am not claiming they are guilty.

Again using Texas law as an example.... if a person claims any kind of assault, the officer is obligated to investigate it. There can be 20 witnesses to the contrary but the original investigation must be made.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                                Absolutely!
                                Dozens of people crash through your gate, yell they are going to assault you and you can’t point a gun of the offenders? Stupid as hell
                                I haven’t seen it but maybe it is it there, where is the video showing the people pointing guns at the 2 (like I have seen claims). I know their lawyer has made claims. That is what lawyers do but..... is there evidence of these trespassers, is there evidence of guns being used to threaten them, is there evidence of causing damage to the gates?

I hope there is but I haven’t seen it.

Comment

Working...
                                X