Van Zandt, Henderson, Rains county 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Van Zandt, Henderson, Rains county 2020

I never see one of these threads for my local area so decided I would start one. Here is my number one target for next year. For the last 2 years has has appeared the week of Thanksgiving. I don't think anyone got him last year or I would haze heard about it. I am thinking he was 5 last year as he did improve some over what he was the year before. I do have some day light pictures but had a cheap camera back there he shows better in the dark. What is everyone else looking for next season?

I’m in! Have a couple mature 5+ Yr old bucks that made it through and 1 I can’t wait to see how much he grows.

Beautiful deer you have! Good luck
    Last edited by Antlers86; 04-21-2020, 07:08 AM.

Comment

Great looking buck!

Comment

That is a great buck for this area...or any area!

Comment

I have some friends coming down fro South Dakota on Thursday to try and kill some hogs. I pulled cards from a feeder that gets a few deer but not a ton. I was surprised to find this one. He has been hitting it most afternoons. Here are the 2 best pictures. I am curious what he turns into.

-john

Comment

nice deer. i just hope to see a legal buck or some doe during doe days.

Comment

Henderson/Anderson County hunter here. Have a couple of mature bucks that made it through last year on our 135 acres. Think I saw their bachelor group last week (12 deer in all). They tend to make themselves comfortable on our place until about September 15th then move on. Then they come back around to our food plots and protein after the rut has them wore down.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Cardinal View Post
                Henderson/Anderson County hunter here. Have a couple of mature bucks that made it through last year on our 135 acres. Think I saw their bachelor group last week (12 deer in all). They tend to make themselves comfortable on our place until about September 15th then move on. Then they come back around to our food plots and protein after the rut has them wore down.

That is some good looking deer.

-john

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
                  nice deer. i just hope to see a legal buck or some doe during doe days.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

-john

Comment

In

I got bucks the last 2 years so I imagine I will not have any qualifying candidates this year but I will be in a tree because you never know what might stroll by

Good luck OP

Comment

No deer in East TX.!!! No pics yet from this year.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
                        I have some friends coming down fro South Dakota on Thursday to try and kill some hogs. I pulled cards from a feeder that gets a few deer but not a ton. I was surprised to find this one. He has been hitting it most afternoons. Here are the 2 best pictures. I am curious what he turns into.

-john

Looks to be a real STUD in the making! Keep us updated on him please

Comment

Good lookin bucks! I don’t like to show my hand, but know I had 2 make it through March that will both be 7.5 if the make it to hard horn (one 8, and one 10 since I’ve been watching them). Another prospect the neighbor of one place showed me. He wanted to try and get a pattern, but I’d never seen him. Pics were less than 1/2 mile from me... well over 20” wide...or looked it in the pics I seen
                          Last edited by Low Fence; 06-23-2020, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Had a nice surprise on card check this afternoon

Pretty far along too

Click image for larger version

Name:	potential.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	24621322

Comment

Originally posted by Cardinal View Post

Ironically we also hunt Henderson / Anderson county.... like the county divide line is about 100 yards from our fence. We are just in Anderson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X