Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 San Angelo surrounding area season thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
    We got some in the desert also but not sure how much. It’s so dry out there it doesn’t ever puddle. Better than a pole in the eye tho.

1.1” at BH

9/10” on us middle Concho

7/10 sterling co

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ll take it

Comment

I’ll take it

Yep and good chance again tomorrow for showers.

Comment

Good to hear, we’ve needed a good rain for awhile.

Comment

Glad we got some rain out West!! We have another 8 tons of protein ordered to get the body weights of these rutted down deer back up. As a lease we had one heck of a season. Really looking forward to this next one. Lots of great potential.

Comment

Made a quick stop today. Few slightly muddy spots still. Was nice to not have a dust cloud follow you everywhere. I could see a little green grass starting to spring up they the dead brown grass. Should help get things kicked off. Especially if it stays mild like it has been.

Comment

Made a quick stop today. Few slightly muddy spots still. Was nice to not have a dust cloud follow you everywhere. I could see a little green grass starting to spring up they the dead brown grass. Should help get things kicked off. Especially if it stays mild like it has been.

Great news!!

Comment

I figured that would get you excited

Comment

just finished our first season outside sterling city and love this area. Lease is great with really good deer numbers and some great potential. So based off this thread and some others we've changed our mind from introducing cottonseed this year and are just gonna run some protein stations.

Anything else we should be getting together as an attractant? Looking at a couple fall food plots, need to get a soil test

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                      just finished our first season outside sterling city and love this area. Lease is great with really good deer numbers and some great potential. So based off this thread and some others we've changed our mind from introducing cottonseed this year and are just gonna run some protein stations.

Anything else we should be getting together as an attractant? Looking at a couple fall food plots, need to get a soil test
                      Good deal. That Sterling City area is a great and fun place to hunt.

As far as attractants....Alfalfa, corn, protein and bag minerals are hard to beat. Best of luck to you in 2020.

Comment

Don’t forget the deer crack aka rice bran. Our West Texas deer love it.

Comment

Thanks guys. We lucked out and got on a lease with my dad’s buddy. They’ve been doing a great job managing for a really long time. It’s way different than our old place in Foard Co. I see more deer every sit that I would over an entire season up there!

Comment

Anyone seeing antlers fallin? Guy on the lease has a covert and said majority he’s seeing are gone. Pretty dang early I’d say but with the conditions not surprising

Comment

Couple bucks have lost horns in mitchell county, but most still have both sides.

Originally posted by arrowsonly88 View Post
                              Anyone seeing antlers fallin? Guy on the lease has a covert and said majority he’s seeing are gone. Pretty dang early I’d say but with the conditions not surprising

Comment

Little white stuff this am... was hoping for more but Ill take it.

Comment

Working...
                                X