Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 San Angelo surrounding area season thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GRIFF View Post
    Do y’all use a specific hay feeder for alfalfa or just throw on the ground in pens? Hunt in Ft McKavett and want to give it a try this year to maybe attract some axis.

I use one of these by Premier. Holds a full three strand bale. and then I stack one under it on its side. ASF sells them too.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0000alfala0.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	187.6 KB
ID:	24604884

Name:	0000AAl1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	24604885

Name:	0000Al0.JPG
Views:	8
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	24604886

Comment

Thanks, I’m looking at the one ASF sells but being told by local dealer there on back order and looking like 4 week delivery currently.

Comment

Smart, did you like the timed protein feeders? We have done bulk Cotten seed (15,000 lbs) last 2 seasons. Prices are too high to justify the results, which wasn’t much but fat deer.

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        I use one of these by Premier. Holds a full three strand bale. and then I stack one under it on its side. ASF sells them too.

[ATTACH]987955[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]987956[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]987957[/ATTACH]

Comment

Hey Jason how long with that last typically?

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
            Smart, did you like the timed protein feeders? We have done bulk Cotten seed (15,000 lbs) last 2 seasons. Prices are too high to justify the results, which wasn’t much but fat deer.

Love them!! And so do the deer[emoji41]

Gunny... depends on the range conditions . We have a large deer pop and I’ve seen two 3strand bales last 11-13 days and then when it’s green, a month.

Comment

Thanks for the cotton seed intel

Comment

I was feeding 3 strand bales this yr just in the ground in front of blind and they were lasting 5-7days till completely gone. We are really dry with no acorns so they have been really hungry.

Comment

If any of you have or know of a light weight blind for sale let me know please! Looking for one that will fit on a 5x10 trailer and accommodate me and a grandson. 4x4 won't cut it. It also needs to have a full size entry door on the end so I can access it from the trailer ramp.

Knee & Hip problems made getting up the 10' stairs a torture this past year so I need an alternative. "Gettin' Old ain't for Sissies" as my late Dad used to say and he was right. Hope this new year is a great one for all. We are located near Robert Lee so anything in the area would be great. NO tower needed...Kuma

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
                    If any of you have or know of a light weight blind for sale let me know please! Looking for one that will fit on a 5x10 trailer and accommodate me and a grandson. 4x4 won't cut it. It also needs to have a full size entry door on the end so I can access it from the trailer ramp.

Knee & Hip problems made getting up the 10' stairs a torture this past year so I need an alternative. "Gettin' Old ain't for Sissies" as my late Dad used to say and he was right. Hope this new year is a great one for all. We are located near Robert Lee so anything in the area would be great. NO tower needed...Kuma
                    pop ups are typically 5x5 or you could go with a Krivoman.

Comment

Quote:

Originally Posted by kumathebear View Post

pop ups are typically 5x5 or you could go with a Krivoman.

Appreciate the suggestion but I want something I can mount to the trailer vs pop-ups. I'd like the Krivoman but unless he's got some new styles it won't fit on the trailer. I know a lot of you guys are younger and perhaps not, I hope, have the ongoing physical limitations I have. I just love the hunt and experience, just seeking a way to keep enjoying what is in my "soul" and love for what we all do.

Comment

Finally got some good rain on the place. It’s been 3/10s here 2/10s there and very rare. Not sure on the total but when it puddles up here in front of the Covert, it’s usually a good un.

Comment

Nearly 2” just south of Ballinger and still raining. Nice rain.

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post

I’m guessing you’re wanting to remove it after the season? We bought a nice wood one this year that was 6x6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              Finally got some good rain on the place. It’s been 3/10s here 2/10s there and very rare. Not sure on the total but when it puddles up here in front of the Covert, it’s usually a good un.

We got some in the desert also but not sure how much. It’s so dry out there it doesn’t ever puddle. Better than a pole in the eye tho.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                                We got some in the desert also but not sure how much. It’s so dry out there it doesn’t ever puddle. Better than a pole in the eye tho.

Never? maybe the third year is the charm.....

Comment

Working...
                                X