Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 San Angelo surrounding area season thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2020 San Angelo surrounding area season thread..

Another dang good thread in 2019 again and with protein, cottonseed, alfalfa, turkey and coon killing season coming up it's time to start a new one. Headed out west myself today with some kids and my BIL to put a hurting on some skims... err culls[emoji2359] and a few does. After that it’s cutting back the corn time, starting up the offseason feeding, praying for rain and looking forward to thumping a few Toms in turkey season ..

Post up your pics and stories fellas as usual. Hunts, trail camera pics, LDPs, work weekends, new projects, food, drinks, coons and other varmint carnages are all welcome! The more participation the better the thread. Here's to a bountiful 2020 after an acorn laden weird arse 2019 for many of us Angelo area hunters!

Good luck and here’s to the 2020 season producing better than the 2019 season did for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Already can't wait for next season, alot of new prospects still walking.

Comment

Ready for another year of feeding, observation, and not shooting anything! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
          Ready for another year of feeding, observation, and not shooting anything! Lol

Get those turkeys herded up for me..

Comment

I'm kind of interested in what's still showing up on camera. I know at our particular spot we killed quite a few good bucks, particularly for the size of place we're hunting. Neighbors killed quite a few as well. I'd like to see who survived the war zone.

Comment

Bring it! Fired up for the 2020 season. Ready to get the protein rolling.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                Good luck and here’s to the 2020 season producing better than the 2019 season did for me.

Much like mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  Get those turkeys herded up for me..

Herd up and hit with A10 warthog

Comment

Tagged....in for the skimming reports.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                      Herd up and hit with A10 warthog

Are they thick out that way?? Over the last 21 years they have all but disappeared on our place between Brady and Menard and we don't even hunt them.. We've killed maybe 8 in 21 years.. We used to be covered up.. 100's.. But we do now have fire ants bad and I know the damage they can do to anything that nests on the ground..

Comment

Did you guys see the buck J’s processing posted? Says it was low fence.

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
                          Did you guys see the buck J’s processing posted? Says it was low fence.

Comment

I'm headed to Eldorado in the morning with 2,000 lbs of corn, 500 lbs, of rice bran, and 1,000 lbs of protein pellets. When I get that unloaded I will be getting 2,000 lbs of cottonseed, 6 feed blocks, and filling up my water totes. I'm wore out just thinking about it.

Comment

We hunt in Paint Rock. Need some advise.

We have been feeding Protein now for 8 years, I believe we have seen some benefits. Thinking about feeding cotton seed now also. We have 10 feeding stations on 2000 ac. with half ton protein feeders. Just FYI we also have 10 one ton corn feeders that run all year. I also already have the tote cages at the lease to begin the cotton seed feeding.

Should I just keep feeding protein only or start feeding both this year? And why?

Thanks
                              Last edited by red-fin; 01-02-2020, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X