No announcement yet.

2020 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can smell the salt already!! Let the warm temps come flooding in!!

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
      I’m off. I’ll be out there Sunday and most likely Monday too.
      We probably wont make day light since I assume the crowds wont be terrible. Feel free to send a little scouting report

Or maybe we'll just run down sunday? Im turning 29 again on the 5th so anything is possible

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
      I can smell the salt already!! Let the warm temps come flooding in!!
      hop the border and come on. Its gonna be like 70

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
        We probably wont make day light since I assume the crowds wont be terrible. Feel free to send a little scouting report

Or maybe we'll just run down sunday? Im turning 29 again on the 5th so anything is possible

hop the border and come on. Its gonna be like 70

5th your day too? Be my 67th one to have!!

Ain't never been fishin' on My Day! Usually puttin' up deer meat from a couple weeks before... Won't be no differn't this year neither 'cept it will be puttin' up my grandson's first deer!!

I sure hope I get to go with y'all some this year! If fishin' with y'all is as much fun as last year's thread was, it'll be a hoot!!

Comment

New year time for a new thread. We started the year off right with a couple limits of trout this morning. It has been a solid bite for us for the last several weeks. Good luck to everyone that is venturing to the salt this coming year.

Just think Phillip, this time last year, that would only be ONE limit!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            Just think Phillip, this time last year, that would only be ONE limit!!
            Them are Matagorda trout. We've had the 5 fish limit over there for a while now.

Comment

5th your day too? Be my 67th one to have!!

Ain't never been fishin' on My Day! Usually puttin' up deer meat from a couple weeks before... Won't be no differn't this year neither 'cept it will be puttin' up my grandson's first deer!!

I sure hope I get to go with y'all some this year! If fishin' with y'all is as much fun as last year's thread was, it'll be a hoot!!
              yes sir! the 5th is a great day

Our deer are still in the freezer since we want to try and take one more for sausage.

Comment

Thats what I thought. River trout or from the bay?

I'm going fishing soon just not sure what water

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                Spotted crappy

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                  Spotted crappy

You over here tryin' to stir up the saltwater fishin thread with fresh water talk!! ...like you stirred up the Mexico is a fun resort thread?

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                    Its about that time of year for me to make a run to S Louisiana. My brother made a scouting run today with his oldest boy. Trout were real finicky inside the marsh. Did not find the reds in the usual spots, but the big uglies and spare tire sized sheephead kept the lines tight all afternoon. Bull reds run is about to kick off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s a real nice catch there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

You over here tryin' to stir up the saltwater fishin thread with fresh water talk!! ...like you stirred up the Mexico is a fun resort thread?
                      There's just too much hate out here Charlie just trying to lighten up the mood [emoji23]

Comment

He carries a boat paddle to stir it up I think. I think it's made by donttakemeserious

Also.....if for some reason anyone EVER decides to order batteries online from wal marks and set them for pickup. Call me and I'll talk you through it.

It will require slamming your head in the door prior to going to the store. I think being in a coma will help

Last edited by Quackerbox; 01-03-2020, 06:29 PM.

Comment

He carries a boat paddle to stir it up I think. I think it's made by donttakemeserious

Also.....if for some reason anyone EVER decides to order batteries online from wal marks and set them for pickup. Call me and I'll talk you through it.

It will require slamming your head in the door prior to going to the store. I think being in a coma will help

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Comment

I’m thinking I might try hitting the bays this next week if the weather cooperates.

Comment

Shane we’ll be in Matagorda in the morning if you’re out. Be in my uncles boat, 18’ alweld. You know where to look. Lol

Comment

Shane we’ll be in Matagorda in the morning if you’re out. Be in my uncles boat, 18’ alweld. You know where to look. Lol
                                I think we're gonna run down. We've been at a shoot all day so I dont know of I'm getting a deer seasons worth of crap out of the way this evening or in the morning. I hope the bite is late....

Comment

Working...
                                X