Tired of Reading Covid Articles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tired of Reading Covid Articles?

Then read what the CDC weekly report says. Pretty much sums everything up.

The TL/DR version is:

- positive tests are decreasing in 2 out of 3 laboratory settings
    - Pneumonia, Influenza, and Covid (PIC) death rates are being coupled together for a death rate of 5.5%, reduced from 6.9% the week before
    - overall hospitalization rates are at 107.2/100,000, with the highest being in 65 years and older (316.9/100,000) and 50-64 years at 161.7/100,000
    - 0-17 years cumulative hospitalization rates are much lower than cumulative influenza rates and comparable time points during recent flu seasons
    - (Big One) deaths from PIC decreased from 6.9% to 5.5% during week 27, representing the ELEVENTH consecutive week during which a declining percentage of death's due to PIC has been recorded. This may increase if there are backlogs of death certificates.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I haven't seen these numbers broadcasted on the news anywhere...I wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by louieagarcia View Post
      I haven't seen these numbers broadcasted on the news anywhere...I wonder why
      I haven't either. That may be because I haven't watched the news in 6 months though. I put my faith in the good Lord, and the brilliant, unbiased minds of TBH!

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
        I haven't either. That may be because I haven't watched the news in 6 months though. I put my faith in the good Lord, and the brilliant, unbiased minds of TBH!
        Now that's just funny .

I read the news, but I realized long ago that I have to go seeking the positive news because it takes weeks, or even months to pop up on the main news feeds.

I think Covid is simultaneously a big problem, and far closer to being solved than the news wants to let on. It's no surprise the death rate is dropping. Doctors are figuring out how to treat it better with the tools they have on hand. It's kinda like doctors get all that schooling for a reason.

Comment

Finally found a graph that has how many tests have been given and how many positives in respect. When looking at this chart also remember once they began testing for the anagin (sp) in June at some point at a high rate they were also counted as a positive case.

These numbers are nowhere on the daily news.

Comment

Death rate is the only thing to follow. As long as that number keeps going down, there isn't much to worry about. The news insists on broadcasting infections, but I don't care if every person in the US has it (And we all will at some point), as long as deaths go down, it's a good thing.

There will be no cure. Everyone has it, had it, or will get it.

Comment

My Son's girlfriend tested positive. Her test had a disclaimer on the bottom of the result sheet that read "you have been tested positive for a Corona virus." Not nessisarly the Novel virus responsible for Covid 19, but just any old strain of the virus that is responsible for the common cold.

Comment

I don't care about any of it. People get sick and people die. I hope no one I know gets it but I'm not shutting my life down over it. I dip snuff and drink too much beer. Something is going to get me.

My grandpaw is 89 and he asked why I hadn't been up to his house. I told him I didn't want him to get sick. He told me he was 89....and would rather me help him work on his mower than live an extra year.

What is going to be the next thing we have to worry about? Maybe we should all start wearing full chemical suits.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                  I don't care about any of it. People get sick and people die. I hope no one I know gets it but I'm not shutting my life down over it. I dip snuff and drink too much beer. Something is going to get me.

My grandpaw is 89 and he asked why I hadn't been up to his house. I told him I didn't want him to get sick. He told me he was 89....and would rather me help him work on his mower than live an extra year.

What is going to be the next thing we have to worry about? Maybe we should all start wearing full chemical suits.
                  I have it now and have been pretty sick but this is how I feel too. If I die, I die... if I don't, life goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post

I would give anything to spend 5 minutes with my grandfather. I am sure he would trade having Corona over suffering through ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease) for 4.5 years. That disease tore down a mountain of a man. Hardest thing I ever witnessed in my life. I remember him asking the Doctors to experiment on him throw whatever they had at him. He said I am going to die anyhow why not test on me for others to maybe have a chance.

Sorry to Hijack this thread....

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                      I would give anything to spend 5 minutes with my grandfather. I am sure he would trade having Corona over suffering through ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease) for 4.5 years. That disease tore down a mountain of a man. Hardest thing I ever witnessed in my life. I remember him asking the Doctors to experiment on him throw whatever they had at him. He said I am going to die anyhow why not test on me for others to maybe have a chance.

Not hijacking. You're adding perspective. It's about quality of life over quantity. Right now, we're being forced to sacrifice the former for the latter, and it seems all for nothing. Yes, people are getting sick (my dad died from the virus), but my days are numbered, and there's nothing I can do about that.

Comment

Originally posted by firemanjj82 View Post
                        Not hijacking. You're adding perspective. It's about quality of life over quantity. Right now, we're being forced to sacrifice the former for the latter, and it seems all for nothing. Yes, people are getting sick (my dad died from the virus), but my days are numbered, and there's nothing I can do about that.

I am sorry to hear this about your dad brother. Sending prayers.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post

I can sure understand your perspective. I have been going through similar with my mom. I have watched frontal lobe dementia tear her down to where we were forced to put her in a nursing home last year. I have seen her once in person on Mother's Day since the middle of February thru a door and all that did was confuse her and upset her as she couldn't understand why I couldn't get any closer. My dad and I have been told it will be a minimum of 6 months to a year or more before we will be allowed to visit with her in person. She isn't anywhere near the person she use to be and I figure by the time I get to actually hug my mom again she won't have a **** clue who I am at best. The worst feeling for me in all of this is I promised her I wouldn't forget her and because of this virus it feels like I have lied to her. Feels like we locked her up in solitary confinement in prison when she needed us the most to be by her side.

Comment

Originally posted by Horn chaser View Post
                            I can sure understand your perspective. I have been going through similar with my mom. I have watched frontal lobe dementia tear her down to where we were forced to put her in a nursing home last year. I have seen her once in person on Mother's Day since the middle of February thru a door and all that did was confuse her and upset her as she couldn't understand why I couldn't get any closer. My dad and I have been told it will be a minimum of 6 months to a year or more before we will be allowed to visit with her in person. She isn't anywhere near the person she use to be and I figure by the time I get to actually hug my mom again she won't have a **** clue who I am at best. The worst feeling for me in all of this is I promised her I wouldn't forget her and because of this virus it feels like I have lied to her. Feels like we locked her up in solitary confinement in prison when she needed us the most to be by her side.
                            That is tough! I can not imagine what you and your family are going through. Sending prayers.

Comment

Man, reading these stories, it's really sad for those of you with parents in nursing homes. My grandma is in one. She is generally in the same boat (turned 96 last year), but has all her mental faculties still. We are up here, and going to visit her, and show her her 11 month old great grandson. But it's so sad that she can't hold him. And next week we leave to go back to Texas, so she will be 1300 miles away.

And like many have said, our days are numbered. And we are FORCED to burn those days for some other people who want everyone as miserable as them.

Comment

Working...
                              X