Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overnight Kayak, Camp and Cook (Axis burgers and Migas!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really enjoyed the video, you guys are making some awesome memories!

Comment

Great vid, Michael! Looks like a fun trip

In for pics of the new kayak

Comment

Man, I love your videos! 1 day, I'm going to do it!

Comment

Awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by louieagarcia View Post
            Great vid, Michael! Looks like a fun trip

In for pics of the new kayak
            I'm keeping a watchful eye on the classifieds!
            My Flickr Photos

Comment

Looks like a great trip Michael! I just recently picked up my new Radar 115 and love it. My wife is paddling the new Tarpon 105 and that is a great boat too but for me, the Radar 115 is set up more for fishing right out of the box.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                I'm keeping a watchful eye on the classifieds!
                Is your old one unfixable?

How many different rivers/trips have ya'll been on? I'd love to see a video of a kind of, top 5 trips and things to look out for. Places to put in and take out and what ya'll pack and how. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Hey Michael,

Curious, what are some things you've found that are a "necessity" for your next Kayak? Are there any must haves on your next one? Any features that you personally find useless for your normal use?

I am kicking around the idea of getting a yak. Need one for fat guys with a low budget, if such a thing exists.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post

How many different rivers/trips have ya'll been on? I'd love to see a video of a kind of, top 5 trips and things to look out for. Places to put in and take out and what ya'll pack and how. Thanks for sharing.
                    I need to look at the list myself...I think Michael posted a list of stuff he packs on a previous kayak trip thread. I will go and look for it at lunch.

Comment

Looks like a great time. Y'all's videos always make me want to do some overnight kayaking camping. “Stars as the roof” in the hill country sure sounds good.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post

Old one isn't unfixable, but it's the third hole its developed...all around the scupper plugs (each one a different one). A couple of others have done the same. Obviously that is the weak spot for our yaks.

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                        I need to look at the list myself...I think Michael posted a list of stuff he packs on a previous kayak trip thread. I will go and look for it at lunch.
                        This one is a little long, but pretty comprehensive. I may make an updated version.

Originally posted by Jason View Post
                        Hey Michael,

Curious, what are some things you've found that are a "necessity" for your next Kayak? Are there any must haves on your next one? Any features that you personally find useless for your normal use?

I am kicking around the idea of getting a yak. Need one for fat guys with a low budget, if such a thing exists.
                        Based on our overnight river trips, features like maneuverability, storage (and ability to access front and rear to balance the loads), durability and light weight are important. Unfortunately, there's typically a balance between those key features. It's hard to find durable and light weight, for example. For big guys, stability will be most important. Unless you're paddling rocky rivers, durability shouldn't be an issue for most decent yaks.

Our Future Beach models have been good for (and to) us, despite the holes mentioned above. I think we've made about a dozen river trips, mostly overnighters, since I purchased them. They were $299 each (on clearance).

Thanks for the great ideas on future content!
                        My Flickr Photos

Comment

Working...
                        X